ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

grr, my 182 sounds like a scooby- miss fire

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
i've got only the cylinders firing, had a search so i'm thinking the best place to start would be new plugs then leads then coil pack?

oh and the engine management light is flashing does this indicate anything else? Dom

Mk2 172 Cup
Try abit of fault finding, see witch cylinder isn't firing, then try swapping a plug with another cylinder to see if it changes, then try the same with a lead

172 Cup
Check to see if you have condensation in the spark plug wells, i had this last week. Dried up the leads/plugs and the problem is solved. Try this before spending money on coil packs/leads/injectors etc.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Thanks guys, the engine is fairly rocky due to it as well. Is there an easy way to tell which one isn't firing?

Last edited:

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
All sorted! Took all plugs out and gave them a clean up, dried up the oil I had spilt on last oil change, cleaned the throttle body and it still did the same so while it was plodding I wiggled the ht leads coming off the coil and hey presto it suddenly started firing on all four. I would imagine the leads are on their way out or just a dodgy connection.

I also rubbed down the renaultsport on the top of the inlet manifold while it was out with some wet and dry

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Spoke too soon, it seems to be intermittent so does that point to the leads and rule out coil as I've checked all connections. It was fine yesterday but my battery is a due replacing too, this can't be related can it? Dom

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
yeah sounds like leads are breaking down. May be corrosion on the coil pack connection, look for green residue