ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gsf williams struts

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Just a quicky, but while im changing my front springs on my Williams - im going to do the struts / shocks (call em what you will) as well.

Are the ones listed in GSF correct for my car ? as they list them as the same ones for the RSI,16V & Williams !

Or should i pay a little more and get genuine Renault ones ?

Cheers

Cant tell you for sure sorry but im intrested myself and have been trying to find out.

there are mixed views weather they are the same parts of not, i would say the rears are probably the same but i would not like to say about the front, one thing is for sure - if they are williams specific they will be four times the price of the GSF ones.

Also very important!! Get the top mounts at the same time as they are cheap and will need doing but very labour intensive as the struts need to come out to fit them so do it all at once

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Will do as I Had to destroy the passenger side top mount to get it off. Hate Loctite !

Just been on the phone to Renault Romford and they do a kit with, bumpstops, top mounts and bearings for £40 to do both sides.

Going to get genuine renault struts then i know for sure, they are right. ;)

how much are the struts then? £40 for the top mount kist sounds very reasonable, remeber Euro/GSF may still be able to source the williams ones as the chances are they are from the same manufacturer. give them a ring to find out

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Struts for the pair are around £80 all in, with our discount from Renault.

Anyway bought genuine, so I know there right for my car :)

Carnt wait to get it all back together.

Clio 172 cup

Have we found out then if GSF do sell the genuine willy struts

Noticed too that they are listed for the rsi / 16v/willy to be the same strut??

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

No I never rang them, but when i asked at renault romford he said that 16V struts had a differant part number to a willy. That was enough to make my mind up. No point gambling & getting wrong struts for the sake of £20.

Point to remember when dealing with GSF - if its not in the catalogue then they wont have it.