ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Evo 5 RS
lol, it does sound like proper camp fanboyisms but still...

I've been playing Forza 3 since it launched and I still play it now, it's the only reason I turn the poxy thing on.
I played GT5 for 2 weeks and I tried so very hard to like it. It's a terrible, terrible game and I'm not sure how any true petrol head can stick up for it, you'd have to have shares in Sony or something

Listerine & Poledo
a well sorted 3-screen set-up with force-feedback wheel and pedals on GT5 is pretty damned sweet though.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
4 clio's in gt5 so no we dont need any more

we have

a 172, ph1 v6, ph2 v6 and a v6 trophy car ok its missing a williams or 197/200 but honestly there are alot better cars to use than them imo:).

Clart i meant the update is free, the dlc will probably cost a tenner all in , not breaking the bank exactly:p...

Christopher the same thing could be said about you as in you sound exactly the same as all the pricks in the forza section of gtplanet coming up with the same old s**t time after time. woefull physics...... keep on playing forza 4 with a pad mate, proper realistic that is:dead: and for your info i honestly reckon forza 4 looks s**t when not in autovista mode, the graphics remind me of the nfs shift series.

Yeah LOL.

Great reading though. Never seen anyone so obsessed with flaming GT5. He must be constantly thinking about the game LMFAO

Monaro VXR
They might as well call it the bloody skyline simulator. Once you get to 20 Skylines it is time to stop. But did they? no they didn't!

I am sorry but any game that has over 50 Skylines is taking the piss.

650 Japanese cars in total, and a large percentage are Skylines or 150 of them being Nissans, not including the tuner versions. While the rest of the worlds Marques get a couple cars to choose from with a little over 350 cars left between all the other marques. I mean there are so many other cars they could add, that would actually make sense in the game. V12 Vantage, Koenigsegg of some kind, 2011 Boss 302 Mustang etc. etc. But no that would involve doing some actual bloody work on their behalf.

Instead they choose taking a generic skyline model, because there just isn't enough yet. And sticking some new spoilers and paint on it.

I understand they are a Japanese developer, but enough is enough. Put some cars in from some other countries ffs! Not like there aren't enough to choose from.

Ph2 Clio 172
This might be the start of a worrying trend of paid for DLC that is all a bit 'meh'.

Suddenly Forza 4 doesn't look like such a rip off.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah LOL.

Great reading though. Never seen anyone so obsessed with flaming GT5. He must be constantly thinking about the game LMFAO

I'm annoyed that it's gone down the pan, I used to be as huge a GT fanboy as you can imagine.

Can you imagine the sh*t GTPlanet fanboys would give Forza 4 if it only had 200 cars with high detail, and the rest were directly imported from Forza 2? They'd run off that for months.

But because it's GT, then it's fine. Who needs high detail models these days. GT4 cars from 2004 look fine nowadays. We have rain.

Sigh.

Listerine & Poledo
RE: cars

It's all about the rights isn't it.

I'd prefer to see car packs that focus on particular marques.

Ford 90's pack
Opel 80's
etc.

But aside from the licensing, there's also the small matter that they need to image the cars too. I'd imagine it's a lot esaier to find a Skyline in Japan than it is to find a mint Fiesta RS Turbo, or a Manta

DCi
I'm annoyed that it's gone down the pan, I used to be as huge a GT fanboy as you can imagine.

Can you imagine the sh*t GTPlanet fanboys would give Forza 4 if it only had 200 cars with high detail, and the rest were directly imported from Forza 2? They'd run off that for months.

But because it's GT, then it's fine. Who needs high detail models these days. GT4 cars from 2004 look fine nowadays. We have rain.

Sigh.
I think one issue is that the game has been out how long now?

and people are still coming and complaining about the premium/standard car issue etc.

i think everyone has got the message now.

Artic 182FF
after reading some of this thread I put gt5 in my ps3 to give it a whirl....

and turned it off after 1 race. Just gash compared to Forza 3.

Im going to buy a Xbox and Forza 4 at the weekend.

DCi
Valid point, but the 2.0 update hasn't fixed anything worthwhile. It should have.
that's what we want, fresh complaints about GT5 :D much better

i agree though, apart from the free vettel car which i just dont have the dedication to earn legitimatly- very little else has got me playing the game.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Valid point, but the 2.0 update hasn't fixed anything worthwhile. It should have.

But it has pal.

In case you didn't realise there are a lot of people in this world that actually love playing GT5 and the updates were in response to requests from this community. I could sit here and slate Forza 4 for it's weaknesses (not rendered in 1080p, low res DX9 textures in game, no weather or Nascar, only 3 new tracks), but I respect it because it's a going to be a great game with great tech that pushes the XBox and raises the bar.

If you don't play GT5 then why bother coming onto these threads and keep slating it over and over. There are thousands of people in this world that are playing GT5 online and are addicted. It's not perfect but it does the most important things very well.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Games are supposed to be fun.

GT5 is not. Its unforgiving and boring add in the comedy sound effects and it just gets much worse.

Ph2 Clio 172
The key thing for me is, I havent enjoyed GT5 as much as I enjoyed GT1, 2, 3 or 4. I was a massive GT fanboy, but to me GT5 just feels a bit sterile and cold. Like its not fun. Its hard to explain, but I dont get that same feeling of enjoying the racing on it. Don't get me wrong, its still a good game, but it just feels a bit to much like a chore sometimes, and lacks a feeling of 'fun'.

The DLC has massively dissapointed me. 1 track for £5, a bunch of skins on existing cars for £8. Its all heading down a dark road.

If Forza 4 is simply more fun, then I may become a convert, but it requires buying a 360, and Forza is not looking to be a cheap game.

Ph2 Clio 172
GT Online is great, when you get a decent room of people.

I played previous GT games solidly for years, and they were all SP only. Online should be an added bonus to GT5, not the feature that keeps an otherwise average game above water.

Street Triple R
I fired up GT5 last night for the first time in a while, Apart from all of its faults, the worst thing for me is the menu system, its the most dated and antiquated system ive seen for years, it feels like it has been lifted from the PS1...and whats with the music?!

Listerine & Poledo
Whenever I'm wandering around a car showroom, all I can hear is........

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nippy white cup
If you watch the really early Best Motoring vids you will find the music sounds very similar...infact it is pretty much live action Gran Tourismo tbh

Chris

Ph2 Clio 172
My god, I can still remember the tune to the GT1 intro movie, and the GT3 one.

Cant remember GT4 though, I think thats when they started the 'arty' into movies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ha, I might fire it up later on my PSone. Remember how the NSX had a really bad graphics glitch? You can see the rear wheels through the rear bootlid. :eek:

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
FLol. I remember trying to roll a car for about 3 weeks straight, and then realised it wasn't possible. You could get so close, but it always flipped it back onto it's wheels.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You didn't even care that the cars sounded crap back then, since there was nothing to judge it against on consoles.

Loved that game.

Ph2 Clio 172
GT1 was a milestone in my gaming life. I can remember buying it, and I can remember playing it for years. Spending ages getting gold on all the license tests to unlock the Dodge Concept car. Repeating the Sunday Cup over and over to earn enough credits to buy the Toms Supra. Racing the Grand Valley endurance race in the Subaru Rally car that had uber short gears, so I got overtaken by the Supra on every lap down the straight, and overtook him again in the twisties. I won the 2 hour race by a couple of second!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I have very similar memories!

Shame they've really not upped their game since GT4. GT4 was a great game in it's day; I bought the Collectors' Edition and the GT wheel. :eek: