ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
GT1 was a milestone in my gaming life. I can remember buying it, and I can remember playing it for years. Spending ages getting gold on all the license tests to unlock the Dodge Concept car. Repeating the Sunday Cup over and over to earn enough credits to buy the Toms Supra. Racing the Grand Valley endurance race in the Subaru Rally car that had uber short gears, so I got overtaken by the Supra on every lap down the straight, and overtook him again in the twisties. I won the 2 hour race by a couple of second!

Haha. Yeah, the Sunday Cup, standard!

Buy old MR2, complete sunday cup 19 times to earn enough to buy rally edition Subaru. Win any race I wanted.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yeah, I have very similar memories!

Shame they've really not upped their game since GT4. GT4 was a great game in it's day; I bought the Collectors' Edition and the GT wheel. :eek:

I'd say GT3 was the best tbh. The first game I played on my PS2 when I got it for Christmas. Think that was the first game to truely show off the next generation of consoles ie. PS2s etc.

Listerine & Poledo
A bigger TV would probably do just as well.

In any case, Midfield, it's needed, NOW!

It would be my default track for on-line. Felt like the most realistic non-real-world track.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ok so i gave this a good going over yesterday and 1 thing that stands out for me with this update is how much the physics have improved. im playing with a G25 and the way the wheel responds to what is happening on the game is amazing. its kinda hard to put into words but when using the G25 the overall sensation of the force feedback carries much more information on the wheel and I could really feel the tire-snap point when pushing too hard, the wheel gets loaded with force feed back and looses its depending on grip levels much better now

Also, suspension modeling seems to have improved , I really love the way how chassis travels when going over curbs.

It is just so natural and logical, hard to explain. No game I've played as of yet provided such an immersive on-the-wheel experience.

Not sure what its like with a pad tho, any improvements there ?

There will be more DLC coming over the next year as well, i for one would love to see el capitan and new york both redone for GT5:approve:
The racing car pack will be the 1st of many imo.

Listerine & Poledo
There's only so much realism anyone can expect to get from a pad.
But it'll soon be the case that you'll get more feel from GT5 than you do from a real hot hatch

Monaro VXR
I think the biggest problem with the pad is that the hardware itself is a bit s**t. I know it's part of the Playstation thing that the pad stays roughly the same. But the triggers are bloody awful and I use them for brake and accelerator when using the pad.

They really need to work on the actual ergonomics a bit and then it might actually feel a bit better to use as well. As just pressing X for the accelerator doesn't feel like I get enough adjustment. Even if it is analogue you just doesn't feel the same as the triggers. Which are not in the most comfortable position to hold. MS, Nintendo even Sega with the dreamcast pad got triggers spot on though.

Although I have seen those trigger extender things which look like they might be worth a try. Number of times my finger has slipped off the trigger though means it is quite annoying.

Listerine & Poledo
you can set the triggers and left thumbstick as accelerator controls.

but it still isn't upto much cop

Ph2 Clio 172
The trigger extenders make the world of difference. It was almost impossible to use the triggers before, but with them its almost (but not quite) as good as using a 360 pad.

This was the best.

Still think that's one of the most atmospheric game intros ever, better than the GT intros that followed. Used to love GT but it's lost its way a bit lately hopefully things will come good for the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 200 Raider
ok so i gave this a good going over yesterday and 1 thing that stands out for me with this update is how much the physics have improved. im playing with a G25 and the way the wheel responds to what is happening on the game is amazing. its kinda hard to put into words but when using the G25 the overall sensation of the force feedback carries much more information on the wheel and I could really feel the tire-snap point when pushing too hard, the wheel gets loaded with force feed back and looses its depending on grip levels much better now

Also, suspension modeling seems to have improved , I really love the way how chassis travels when going over curbs.

It is just so natural and logical, hard to explain. No game I've played as of yet provided such an immersive on-the-wheel experience.

Not sure what its like with a pad tho, any improvements there ?

There will be more DLC coming over the next year as well, i for one would love to see el capitan and new york both redone for GT5:approve:
The racing car pack will be the 1st of many imo.

totally agree, with the wheel after the update it really does feel so much more involving less twitchy and can really catch the slides better love it.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
totally agree, with the wheel after the update it really does feel so much more involving less twitchy and can really catch the slides better love it.

Yep they really have improved it for the better. The tires are a lot more realistic in the way they react when cornering, sports medium ( r888 etc med compound ) seem pretty much bang on the money now with a very realistic grip/slip ratio where as slicks give you massive amounts of grip but once past the limit they snap violently. Ive also noticed it is a lot easier to control drifting situations now:approve: Will whack a set of road tires on later and see what they are like now...

For people who are playing it, have you download the spec 2.0 intro? a lot better than the original imo :)

Clio 200 Raider
The new spec 2 video is pretty cool. Gt vids have always been good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Some one has managed to access the DLC thats out on Tuesday, apparently the new stuff already came with the spec 2.0 update and it will just be an unlock code for the new stuff costing £9.49

hnyKm-Imgur.jpg

r2raF-Imgur.jpg

Clio 200 Raider
Why didnt f1 2011 graphics look that gud? Cant wait for this tbh we need an endurance race on it

Clio 200 Raider
It probably would if you took a still cap and added about a week of post-processing and called it a 'screenshot'.

I meant more about the video even with it being shot off a camera phone. F1 on ps3 just looks poor in comparision graphically.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Got to agree F1 on ps3 isn't up to much graphics wise but look past that and there is a very good game underneath....

As for the photos when taken in race mode ( ie when the cars are on track ) there are pretty much a still shot of what the game looks like standing still, obviously when in motion things look a little different but what you see is what you get in race pic mode , this is why some of the standard cars look crap in pics while others ok.

The level of detail gets ramped up when in photomode ( you set it to double res or something like that ) and when taking pics in that mode you can tell its processing it as each one take about 20secs to take as opposed to 1 sec in race mode, they come out looking pretty much real once processed.

for example ;)

( processed pics )

SanGalganoAbbey-1.jpg

SanGalganoAbbey_1-1.jpg

SanGalganoAbbey_2-1.jpg

SanGalganoAbbey_3-1.jpg

SanGalganoAbbey_4-1.jpg

SanGalganoAbbey_5-1.jpg

Race mode

NrburgringNordschleife2.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_1-2.jpg

PH1 iceburg
Just stuck this in after a couple of months. After all the content downloaded i just chucked in on b spec to complete 1 of the 24 hour races. I forgot to check on a spec if you can save 24 hour races a couple of hours at a time yet, anyone know if you can?

Listerine & Poledo
Just stuck this in after a couple of months. After all the content downloaded i just chucked in on b spec to complete 1 of the 24 hour races. I forgot to check on a spec if you can save 24 hour races a couple of hours at a time yet, anyone know if you can?

This is a must-find.

Audi TT 225 Quattro

This is a must-find.

Taken from the list of whats updated:

- It is now possible to save and resume endurance races.

so yep , pull in to the pits and the option to save is there at last :)

Everyone else is sounding a little like a scratched record regarding the sound:clown: We've heard it all before ;)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Haha, some one has to keep the GT fire burning on this forum and if it falls to me so be it:p;)

Would be good if we could get together a few members who still play this ( i know a few of you do for sure as it says on the xmb what your playing;)) for a on-line session , ive had a few with members in the past and its always been a good laugh:D

The online setup is a lot better as well now, can now select specific car classes , for example only LMP, GT500, GT300, Rally ,Nascar, Racecars, Roadcars,F1 etc etc.

Clio 200 Raider
Haha, some one has to keep the GT fire burning on this forum and if it falls to me so be it:p;)

Would be good if we could get together a few members who still play this ( i know a few of you do for sure as it says on the xmb what your playing;)) for a on-line session , ive had a few with members in the past and its always been a good laugh:D

The online setup is a lot better as well now, can now select specific car classes , for example only LMP, GT500, GT300, Rally ,Nascar, Racecars, Roadcars,F1 etc etc.

me and my mate still play this a lot doing shuffle races and that. add me if you want. we need some more people. we try to race as clean as possible aswell.

PH1 iceburg
Will download new content tonight probably.

Struggling like hell to go from level 36 -40 on a and b spec.