ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Forza just doesn't hit the spot for me, it's good for a drunken race, but I get bored of it within a day.

It surprises me that you say that. As a keen driver, I thought you'd find Forza 3 very in-depth (I presume you mean Forza 3?). The handling is very sophisticated. Play it lots and I imagine you'd find it very rewarding. The only racer I've played that's more hardcore is the GTR series on PC. Out of interest, did you play Forza 3 with all the massive bender aids switched off?

Nippy white cup
It surprises me that you say that. As a keen driver, I thought you'd find Forza 3 very in-depth (I presume you mean Forza 3?). The handling is very sophisticated. Play it lots and I imagine you'd find it very rewarding. The only racer I've played that's more hardcore is the GTR series on PC. Out of interest, did you play Forza 3 with all the massive bender aids switched off?

Spot on there m8. You can really sense the wheels loosing/regaining traction as you apply more or less power and the feeling of weight is amazing

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

+1

Very surprising.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Slightly off topic, can anyone tell me if I can d/l game save data for GT5P (d/l version)?

I've had a right mare and mucked up my account, I can now play the game again, but it wants me to start again. CBA'd, took hours of my life last time and I never even got to the Ferrari F1!!!

Clio
I have to say like many others i bought the ps3 over the xbox because of this game it looks like THE worst driving game so far from the GT name

Over the 3 Years ive owed ps3s Had two and hardley ever turned my second one on since new 12 months back I really regret not buying a xbox 360

VERY VERY dispointed in the whole ps3 brand. Ive had a million times more fun on my wii that i boughtt my wife

I shall not be buying this game now!

MY10 R35 GTR
With there being a 3d option in the game, will that mean that it'll work with any 3d telly? Or will it have to be a sony specific 3d tv??

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
With there being a 3d option in the game, will that mean that it'll work with any 3d telly? Or will it have to be a sony specific 3d tv??

Probably a special Sony TV, which they will delay for 5 years, and when it does come out it will be a huge let down.

/thread

Citroen DS3 DSport
Fantastic, a price drop.

This email is to inform you of a price change on a pre-order you currently have with ShopTo.Net.
The pre-order details are:

Product:Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Product ID:pS3GR04
Previous Price:£37.85
New Price:£34.85

saxo :P
visually it looks amazing, however i still think it looks like floaty cars,

will reserve judgement until it comes out..

Astra SRI/ Hornet
That trailer makes the game look pants. Lol I tried the prologue of this and didn't think much of it. The only car game I play now is Ferrari challenge well until f1 comes out.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Maybe I'm behind the times but that clip looks stunning. Can't take much from it as the critical factor is feel and handling but it looks very slick.

Octy VRS
Think it looks good too, although it's clearly made to look that way. I've said it before but it's going to be a big old game with enough content to keep me going for ages. Never played Forza so I guess that's an advantage as it's going to be a great improvement on GT4, which I still play with mates. Hope they keep the 2nd hand showroom.

RS Clio 182
Still really looking forward to this,if not just for the graphics and photo mode - the actual racing is still a big worry in my mind - i feel Grid & Dirt are much better 'racing' games - never liked the coliision detection in the GT games,hate the way you bounce off cars & obstacles,but hopefully theyve worked on that aspect - anyway cant wait to take the Clio V6 round the 'ring in december! :cool:

Citroen DS3 DSport
Chase cam view looks horrific, no sense of steering turn at all. I never use that view so thankfully it will not be a issue.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
inside only if you buy a steering wheel or that view were it looks like your on the mirror/roof

I'd agree with interior only having myself converted from being a long time bumper cam fan. However as only 200 of the cars have interior views that pretty much f***s that plan 80% of the time!

Octy VRS
Yes but you are looking out the window not at the interior? I'd imagine most people don't know what the interior of a 1996 Toyota Corolla etc looks like. The 200 interiors they have done i would think be for the most popular cars.

Agree that the chase cam looks s**t but who really uses that either?

It's an issue of immersion IMO, the camera position in relation to the road etc, and yes you do focus on the track not the interior but it's not the same. Hard to explain really, I just think it's odd that they modeled some and not all, it would make more sense to do all or none not some.

Octy VRS
Agreed, but it'd then be out on PS5. I wish they would give an option for the interiors as RHD. I can't get on with being on the wrong side.

The cars on Forza are all over the place (although at least the full roster has a modeled interior) some don't even correspond with the home market for the car. Plenty of the JDM models are LHD in the game, but tbh it doesn't really bother me.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Driving a virtual near race-spec Lexus IS F in a just-completed GT5 version of the Nurburgring's full 24-hour race course (a world-first and highlight of the new game), which links the legendary Nordschleife (north loop) to the F1 GP track, Yamauchi did two qualifying laps. One, at 100 percent "game" speed, pushed the IS F to its limits and beyond on some corners. His time? Try 9 minutes 38 seconds.

"In the game," explains Yamauchi, "you have the luxury of being able to push the car to 100 percent, and not worry about going off. But in the real world, you must tone that down to somewhere around 95 percent, so that you retain a small margin for error. You must remember that you are racing against REAL cars at speeds topping 150mph with REAL hazards and REAL guard rails." So on his second GT5 qualifying lap, he drove as if he was qualifying for the real world, and posted a time of 9 minutes 48 seconds.

During the actual Nurburgring 24-hour race on the following day, behind the wheel of the World Car Awards' Lexus IS F race car, Yamauchi posted a fastest lap time of... you guessed it: 9 minutes 48 seconds, an unbelievable feat that had us all doing a double-take. His performance shows GT5 is as close to real world racing as you can get, without actually jumping into a real race car.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/1009_gran_turismo_5/index.html