ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
41 pages and still not here.

I do roffle.

I still maintain they would have released it had Forza 3 not been as good, I think they went back to the drawing board.

41 pages and still not here.

I do roffle.

I still maintain they would have released it had Forza 3 not been as good, I think they went back to the drawing board.

Well its not here yet (even after 83 pages) because its not released until November. I doubt the release date is influenced by the number of pages on a cs thread - although wouldn't that be great ;)

That said I do agree with you regarding Forza 3

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. Handling model still looks shocking. Gutted.

I've pre-ordered, but I'm unsure whether to even bother now.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Nice set-up... Still not too convinced of the game :S

Last edited by a moderator:
  Weeman sucks ****
Not being funny but if you drive the nurburgring on forza and then on the ps2 (gt4) the difference, in gameplay and realism still is far better on the ps2. Obviously the tarty graphics and detail looks great in forza but as a pitched 'driving simulator' any gt game will be the best imo.

I'm happy to wait and we all know deep down that it will be the nuts, short of having a full on simulator in your room!

Really? I'm not sure how you can compare the weightless plastic tyre physics of GT4 or GT5p to Forza 3 or even forza 2. In forza you feel the grip level change as tyres heat up, fuel level drops. You get understeer when pushing slightly too hard which changes to oversteer (on rwd cars) when you push more aggressively over the limit. Cars have a sensation of weight which changes from car to car and drive train to drive train and you can actually feel the car loading up and traction limits being reached and broken the harder you lean on the cars, all this communicated through the pad alone which again is far superior and more progressive than the ps3 with it's crappy triggers.

Weeman sucks ****
You're never going to feel a tyre through a game!

My main point is the shocking rendition of the ring, it's terrible on forza

Just wait until a few others who've put some serious hours in on both franchises come and back up what I just said ;)

I'm not disagreeing about the accuracy of the ring as I've never been. I still just can't bring myself to drive GT series anymore as a result of the abysmal physics engine compared to Forza that's all.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You're never going to feel a tyre through a game!

My main point is the shocking rendition of the ring, it's terrible on forza

I used to be a GT fanboy, and had an opinion much like yours. Forza 2 changed that, and Forza 3 further distanced itself from GT's awful physics.

A GT4/5P player wouldn't undestand the feeling of pushing a car beyond the tyre's grip because GT4/5P simply doesn't simulate it. Nothing gets close to Forza 3 for dynamics, on a console. Even against the PC big boys, which may be more hardcore, but at the trade off of fun factor.

Just look at the last few vids of GT5. All the cars float, it's ridiculous.

I'll still buy it because I'm giving it a chance, but I'm predicting to be back on Forza 3 within days.

DCi
[youtube]HztwEieQQf0[/youtube]

[youtube]LLE8XuCDglk[/youtube]

[youtube]-mR8aE62nUY[/youtube]

[youtube]oGzHPwTKsjg[/youtube]

[youtube]e5UfAOVz7o0[/youtube]

Octy VRS
Hmmm. Is that really the same skid noise? Also on the last vid, the car doesn't move at all vertically over bumps etc. Is it a hovercraft? Not convinced with the tire smoke either and I think that's half the problem. Doesn't seem to gel with the car or the background. Everything else looks nice though..

Nippy white cup
Still looks amazing and will graphically at least be much better than anything else....but it will/should be judged on the whole package. As si said..it is hard to explain but you really can 'feel' for want of a better word the traction of the tyres....fwd the front end is washing out wide...as you gentle back off the power the front end tightens up and grips. Going from something big and heavy to something small and light really shows the handling engine off but even slightly different cars can feel totally separate imo

Chris

Dodgy one
Personally i think the PSs have dropped off the scale with the driving simulators the GT series have been mint i cant deny but other than a bit of graphical tweakery its no real difference to GT4 and its been farrrr to long since the last one, GT5 should have been out not long after the PS3 was launched IMO.

Polyphony/sony have fucked up there, I remember buying my PS2 for gt3 lol wont be getting a ps3 i'm afraid to say

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It surprises me that you say that. As a keen driver, I thought you'd find Forza 3 very in-depth (I presume you mean Forza 3?). The handling is very sophisticated. Play it lots and I imagine you'd find it very rewarding. The only racer I've played that's more hardcore is the GTR series on PC. Out of interest, did you play Forza 3 with all the massive bender aids switched off?
Does nothing for me, at all. I regularly have a quick bash on it, but after 1/2hr I'm bored.

Ps you're a keen driver that rates the s2000, nowt so queer as folk;)

Last edited:
  DCi
them drifting vid's are from the kiosk demo that they are putting in shops in the US so not the full game. notice there are no skid marks. perhaps other things will change (eg skid noise) who knows.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Unless they plan to re-write the entire physics engine between that and the retail version, then it'll still be guff.

Does nothing for me, at all. I regularly have a quick bash on it, but after 1/2hr I'm bored.

Ps you're a keen driver that rates the s2000, nowt so queer as folk;)

LOL fair enough. I love the S2000 because it sounds epic. Not every car in the world has to be a Caterham or an Exige. I pwnt an S2000 on track in my baked bean, but I know which car I'd rather own day-to-day. That has nothing to do with appreciating a good driving game.

Lee

BMW M2C
I had a play of it the other day at the Eurogamer expo. I've still got my pre order in, but I'm not that excited about getting it anymore. Driving a supercar in GT5 has a similar feeling to being on a cross channel ferry the way it pitches and rolls.

It was interesting watching people play it. In fact, it was painful watching people play it. Accelerate, first corner crash, accelerate, second corner crash, you get the idea.

I'm sure I'll get in to it though. Having said that, I lost interest in Prologue very quickly.

Lee

BMW M2C
I just hope all these demo booths aren't a true reflection of the finished product

So do I. The version they had on show at EG Expo was in a real mess. The 'ring' kept disappearing completely! All the remained were cars and backdrop.

I kept hearing lots of talk about it no longer running at 60fps too, but I've yet to see anything to support this.

Lee

BMW M2C
Found a quote:
"Engine sound has been improved from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, but surprisingly, the game does not run at 60 frames per second at all times. In certain conditions, Yamauchi admitted, when heavy technical effects pile up on one another the frame rate will drop a bit. For example, in a race when there are fifteen cars kicking up dust in front of the player, the game may experience some skipping. That sounds like a fairly common condition for players to be in, however, so I’m curious to see how players take to this unsatisfactory blip in what seems to be an otherwise flawlessly realistic racing game."

It will sell like hot cakes because of the name attached to it.

If this was called something else, then the sales figures would be minute.