ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Went to the mcm expo at excel today and found this on the shop to stand so thought it would be rude not to have a go:D
selected a lambo lp640 and went on the nurburgring, i wasn't sure what to expect after playing the terrible prologue version and that time trail thing they released a few months back but i can happily say the version i played was a hell of a lot better than both of them. Handling seemed very good for a pad and the level of detail on show is very good, didn't suffer from any nasty slow down issues either. I'm actually looking forward to the expected December release now, gonna be epic with a wheel....

Someone who's played it

It'll be a massive fail. Not in the sales charts, but on what it delivers.

Self confessed xbox fan boy.

Played it or not. I supoose it's ok that you can't use in-car view for all the cars? I don't need to play it to realise that SUCKS.

I await an irrational fanboy response along the lines of those surrounding the whole damage model debacle, which ranged from - "who wants damage?" to "see it's got damage now!2" to "who wants damage?" when it turned out to SUCK.

Nippy white cup
Lol @ xbox fanboy...even tho you have a ps3 and have like me owned all the GT series down the years!

Roy has hit the nail right on the head tho. When there was no damage it wasn't needed..then when it was to be included it was going to be some all conquoring realistic damage engine...then when it turned out to be s**t it is again not a nessecity. If I am honest I would contemplate getting a PS3 on the strength of this game.....but only after I have seen how the physics engine is on release. I appriciate that Jay has a better idea then 99% of people on here regarding the handling on the game but what good is it if the big heavy lambo feels little different to an elise for example

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah lol. Sigh.

You can borrow my PS3 for a bit if you fancy a blast on it, once I'm done?

That reminds me, I need to pick Mafia II up from you. You in this week?

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'll probably buy it, play it for a week, remember I'm not really a gaming person and will never touch it again. Like almost every game I've ever bought.

Nippy white cup
Yeah lol. Sigh.

You can borrow my PS3 for a bit if you fancy a blast on it, once I'm done?

That reminds me, I need to pick Mafia II up from you. You in this week?

Just let me know if you are popping round and I will try and be around...not really got anything planned so should be fine

LOL. Every chance you get, eh?

I genuinely want it to be good. I own a PS3 and I'll probably buy this if it's ever released.

Sigh.

Every chance I get?

I could grow old counting all your posts in this thread slating a game that you haven't even played! At least play it before you write it off!

DCi
i thought all the cars are going to have cockpit views - but only some will have extra-extra-every-stich-modelled-super-view ?

also forza has pretty 'generic' damage, i.e. you seem to get similar damage on every car - looks like it will be the same in GT5 to me?

It'll be a massive fail. Not in the sales charts, but on what it delivers.
if anyone else kept coming into a thread specifically about 1 game and saying it is going to be rubbish they would get called a troll and complaint ahoy.

Iain that's now been cleared up and in short no, premium (around 200 of the full line up) will have cockpit view. The rest simply wont get it, instead you'll have to revert to bumper, bonnet or chase cam. Pisser for people like me who are converted from bumper cam to cockpit view and want to use it with all the cars not just some.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Some more info from my play on sunday:

Damage system: from what i saw its pathethic lol, when i 1st found the game i had to wait 10 mins and watch while 2 complete noobs drove round tokyo r246 in a 458 italia. the 1st person starts the race and decides to hold L1 meaning its showing the front of the car for the entire race, he then crashes into every single car and wall and after lots of sparks and about 20 knocks the bumper falls off:S His friend then takes over and does a half decent lap with the battered car and it looks to be driving perfectly fine. i would or rather they forgot about this part and got the game out a little sooner.

Graphics: The game really does look stunning and ran very very smooth ( i would say at the quoted 60fps ) constantly while i was playing. The car models look very realistic when on track. i didn't drive in the cockpit view so cant comment on the stitching in the lambo but the quad exh on the m5 looked very shiny from the bumper view:D the 2 noobs before me drove with the outside car view and the ferrari looked good ( i hate that view tho)

Handling:Now before sunday i haven't played a racing game with a pad in 2 years since owning a g25 so it was a little strange at 1st getting use to how sensitive the analogue sticks are but after a minute i had it sorted again:eek: once in to the swing the lambo was responding very well to what i was doing and there was a good sense of weight to the car. Braking seemed good and the car didn't lurch forward like a boat when hitting the anchors. for a 4wd the lambo did seem tail happy in some corners but a little push in the opp direction on the stick pulled it back in line most of the time..... a wheel is gonna be a must for this imo;)

now before i played it i really didn't care when it was released but since my brief go on sunday it has left me wanting more:( im now very much looking forward to when its hopefully released next month ( it was actually supposed to be released today:rolleyes:) so hopefully no more delays......

BMW335M/Clio200/182
LOL. Every chance you get, eh?

I genuinely want it to be good. I own a PS3 and I'll probably buy this if it's ever released.

Sigh.

I would say every chance you get. You're not a fanboy, you just don't like admitting you're wrong.

GT5 is not going to fail, Sony can't afford for that to happen. Based on the previous games and the amount of research, community input and effort, it's going to be be one hell of a game.

If you don't think that then buy something else or play Forza.

GT5 won't flop but that has sweet FA to do with what the actual product is like in any way shape or form. No matter what way you spin it copies will be sold off the back of it's reputation up to this point. It could get panned by every jurno going and be a steaming heap of s**t but it will still sell by the truckload.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Is this going to be one of those games that you really need a wheel to properly play it? Effectively it's a case of spending £120 on game and wheel or not bothering at all...

BMW E46 330i Touring
True. Need to see whether it's worth spending out on seeing as I won't exacty have much free time in January / February.

DCi
i was swayed to get a ps3 wheel because logitech is a brand i know is decent, plus their wheel also works on the Pc which means im not buying a wheel for 1 thing

i'll probably trade in forza when gt is out

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i received a text off a friend that the disc's are now in production. It must be true as every little bit of info that been posted in here ive known before because of him

Clio GT 1.6
anybody here ordered from shopto?
If so how does their £3 credit system work - website states pre order for 3/12/10 and if its not out by then they give you £3?

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
anybody here ordered from shopto?
If so how does their £3 credit system work - website states pre order for 3/12/10 and if its not out by then they give you £3?

wow if they did that with every release date for gt5 so far everyone would get it for free.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I would say every chance you get. You're not a fanboy, you just don't like admitting you're wrong.

GT5 is not going to fail, Sony can't afford for that to happen. Based on the previous games and the amount of research, community input and effort, it's going to be be one hell of a game.

If you don't think that then buy something else or play Forza.

At what stage in any debate is an opinion 'wrong'?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Your.

I'm holding back judgement until I play the final version. Hopefully by that time, humans will have evolved psychokinetic abilities, and I won't need to use a pad at all.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Have you read the article? The only reference he makes to GT6 is:

"There were a lot of things we couldn't include in 5 that will carry over into 6, so in that respect, development has already started".

Meaning that they have plans for 6 that they couldn't include in 5.

I had yeah, id take an educated guess and think if they're saying it would carry over to 6 it would at least be in the early stages of life yes.

Then i saw this today and thought you might like it???

http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/04/development-on-gran-turismo-6-has-begun-says-kazunori/

;)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Jesus!! So soon as it comes out they'll be working on a patch for donkeys?

It'll be nice to finally get my hands on this but I think they've missed the boat....................by about 2 years