ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
my mate came up with a good comment about the cars! "I know theres only 200 cars with incar view and mods what have you but think about how many games have 200 cars in let alone 1000 so think of the other 800 as bonus cars" i thought it was a valid point but he said its dissapointing that they are abit out dated now.

Listerine & Poledo
I wont be using any of the "cockpit" views, so I'm not concerned about that. The "grille-view" is always my default.

as much as this will be turning up on my desk on release day, I dare say it'll stay wrapped until Fallout gets another good playthrough

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
And I've never played Forza, so it will be f**king awesome for me.

Only Forza I've played is part 3. Not the best looking imo but handles rather well.

However, Ive always been a GT fan. Cant comment on forza too much (havent played it enough/do not own it)

DCi
Packing

Your order is being packed and will be dispatched usually within 24 hours.

:)

I think the problem with some people who are posting negative views and then saying 'well im going to buy it and see' - the problem is people are just picking at things and not going 'well actually on the other hand _____ looks like it will be good'

so when you get the same people repeatedly berating the game without saying anything positive, it is just tiresome and boring to read.

DCi
we'd all be lost without you around to point these things out Roy.

someone on another forum posted they bought their first second hand car and noticed the oil light was on so obviously they changed it and that fixed it. haha, mechanic simulator :cool:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
didnt know they was going to be proper rain in this, and that looks a real hand full driving that. i felt nervoues watching that lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm popping down to my local Game shop on Wednesday and trade in 1 or 2 recent games for this. I think good bye to Black Ops and hello GT5

specialstageroute51.jpg

DCi
I'm assuming all the radiator and stuff in the 3rd picture only shows up in photo mode, if that is all rendered whilst racing then it's very impressive :eek:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just play GT4 on a big TV. And get someone to strangle a cat as you slide round corners.

DCi
[FONT=&quot]Your order for Gran Turismo 5 (with Play.com Exclusive Pre-Order 'Stealth Model' Car Pack) has been posted.

when i preordered fifa, i got this email after the game came through the door, sadly not the case this time :(
[/FONT]

Evo 8 Jap Crap
So ingame the graphics aint so good as forza 3 hmmm

Just got this now, It installs everything on the fly which makes everything take forever to load at the moment but I'm sure it will speed up,

In game it looks decent but not quite as good as forza, the ps3 has always had trouble with shadows and it really stands out in this game as everything else looks so nice,

Cars seem to feel sluggish at the moment and take forever to brake, but I'm sure this is more to do with me starting out with crappy cars than the game itself,

I will play for a bit now and post more later if I can get through these lisences, it takes about a minute to load each one after you pass the last, pretty annoying but as I said it does say installing in the corner every time so far so should get quicker,

Oh and here's proof

gt5.JPG

and some more

Not really, I've had a couple of races now and before every one it has said installing whilst loading in the bottom right corner, why did I do an hour install if it is going to keep adding before every race or before I view any car?

The size of my install file has already increased since I installed, at this rate there will be no space left.

So... First impressions, right off the bat the long install and huge load times aren't impressing me, the shadows are damn horrendous and the few cars I have tried seem really light or really heavy, I drive a focus IRL and tried it on here and it seems to slide around everywhere, plus braking seems to take forever and accelerating seems so slow,

I am only using a pad so that may be part of the problem and I'm sure all you petrolheads will love it but as a casual racing fan I can't honestly say it isn't worth a 6 year wait, I enjoyed forza but this isn't doing it for me, I will stick at it and hopefully the GT mode will draw me in but as far as first impressions go I'm not very impressed

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
Any man that takes a photo of a video game case next to a half-eaten loaf of Hovis is someone you don't want to question. :)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
lol you obviously aint on ocuk its an ocuk thing for people to prove they have the item.

Was a big thing in the car section when people said they had certain exotic cars and people didnt believe them so they said put a loaf of hovis in the pic to prove it lol

The guy with the game is from the game industry btw

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, yeah I know Rob, just quite funny he's trying to act like a casual gamer and is taking pictures of his game by a loaf of bread!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
If you go to blockbuster and buy a ps3 console bundle you can get gt5 now ;)

A lot of people on pistonheads have got gt5 and its cus of blockbuster ;)

M135i
Oh, apparently HMV are doing a similar trade-in deal to the one they did with MoH and Black Ops.

Trade in f1 2010, and get GT5 for a fiver!

Pretty good deal i reckon. Just a shame i just sold F1 2010 for £28 on ebay! D'oh!

Evo 8 FQ300
Gt rocks and preorderd it ages ago even bought nuther ps3 so me and me boyfriend dont fight over it hahaha!!! also we can give each other a good race proper styly whos up for addin more mates holla out az it will b better t have more decent races with fellow gt5 gamers lol
I am playsgamer feel free t add me.