ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

^^But its not missing them at all Roy, theres plenty of cars that have the interior view, even without it it will still be playable it ain't broke - deal with it iirc...

What a load of b****cks. Some of us ONLY ever use cockpit view. It's been billed as perfect. It is not perfect.

Hardly deluded lol I am just making a valid point that whilst I agree with you it would be great if all cars had interiors just because some do not does not make the game fundamentaly flawed.

fun·da·men·tal
   /ˌfʌndəˈmɛntl/ Show Spelled[fuhn-duh-men-tl] Show IPA
–adjective
1.serving as, or being an essential part of, a foundation or basis; basic; underlying: fundamental principles; the fundamental structure.

Now not having any cars in the game, any tracks in the game or fogetting to add wheels would be a fundamental flaw, I suspect we will have to wait for the reveiws to see how this 'fundamental' flaw affects the scores!

It is fundamentally flawed if this proves to be correct. You obviously drive your games in ***** mode, hence your viewpoint, hence why you'll love GT5.

MSPL ast your quote. Like driving a car from behind the steering wheel isn't fundamental. Crack. You smoke it.

LOL so Forza 2 was fundamentally flawed then, didn't stop it getting rave reviews and love from everyone on here. I said I didn't want to get into a row over it and I don't...

oh my days... the original trailer/start up, i never started the game until i'd watched the start, no matter what. god i was sad.

i hope to god they havent fcuked this up :(

One of my GCSE pieces for the Design part of my DT GCSE was a technical drawing piece. I'm by my own admission a lazy prick and left it all til about a week prior to needing to hand it in, resulting in a project with some epic draftmanship and a half of it preliminary sketch work. Suffice to say my DT teacher kicked my ass. GT5 is looking like the gaming equivalent of my design project.

Yes it was, but they fixed that. Quite handy considering Forza 2 and 3 have both been and gone while GT5 was in the pursuit of perfection, and still couldn't manage it.

Its always good to pursue it but lets face it if you realy thought they would achieve that your more loony than your posts come across as!

Have to say if it wasn't for all the trolling, negativity and general bull s**t hot air, this thread would be 5 pages long and there would be no hype!

Nippy white cup
My issue is that for years (and years) the forza community has had soooo many 'facts' rammed down their throats that haven't materialised it's amazing. Forza 2 came out without a cockpit view which was laughed at by gtfanboys but now it isn't that important. Damage was too when compared to gt's fully simulated damage yet now it turns out to be little different to even fm2.

As already said if they had released it as having 200 amazing cars with fully detailed everything it would have been fine..... If it had come out 3 years ago

Audi TT 225 Quattro
The cockpit view will be a novelty that i doubt I'll use much... bumper cam is how i roll on GT;)

So now it was an impossible goal (no s**t, thats why all games have sequels). I'm wrong in expecting in-car views in the PERFECT racing game. LOL. Wotevar.

Nippy white cup
Was always the same for me tbh Jay but now I love having the wheel and hands on screen...just that little bit more immersive imo

Chris

My issue is that for years (and years) the forza community has had soooo many 'facts' rammed down their throats that haven't materialised it's amazing. Forza 2 came out without a cockpit view which was laughed at by gtfanboys but now it isn't that important. Damage was too when compared to gt's fully simulated damage yet now it turns out to be little different to even fm2.

As already said if they had released it as having 200 amazing cars with fully detailed everything it would have been fine..... If it had come out 3 years ago

That may well be the case, I for one am coming to GT5 as someone who hasn't played the previous ones (well ok a little on GT4) who hasn't been part of previous forza/gt forum wars. I simply wish to evaluate the product when its in my hands. Instead this thread has been subjected to thousands of trolling posts from people who really should know better.

You could literally see the GTplanet lot switch week by week as information came out about the game. No Damage? Why would you want that s**t, totally not needed, look at how crap it is on Forza etc. Damage? this is going to be epic kaz will do it right it will be far superior to Forza. GT damage no better than Forza and some cars seeing even more limited damage? No biggie it's just an extra anyway. Forza has no moving aero? what a huge fail PMSL Dan Greenawalt sucks. GT has no skidmarks or reverse lights? who cares, like it matters anyway this game will pwn all. etc etc.

I know both franchises have their fanboys but the volume and level of rabid tunnel vision seems far worse in the GT camp having poked about on both forums frequently.

I want GT5 to be epic, I've spent more hours on the GT franchise than probably any other title or series of games I've owned but based on GT5p and the early info for GT5 I certainly wont be lining up to have my fingers burned with a pre-order. Based on GT1 to GT4 I'd have ordered GT5 as soon as someone would take a pre-order.

Nippy white cup
Its always good to pursue it but lets face it if you realy thought they would achieve that your more loony than your posts come across as!

Have to say if it wasn't for all the trolling, negativity and general bull s**t hot air, this thread would be 5 pages long and there would be no hype!

By that I assume you mean "not agreeing" on how amazing GT is going to be. I'm sure when fm3 came out there was uproar that the pics on show where of the higher detailed photomode yet it seems to be fine that GT5 has photos mainly from the photomode or the high detail of the Replay mode....actual in game doesn't see to be that much better than fm3 apart from the number of cars on show

That may well be the case, I for one am coming to GT5 as someone who hasn't played the previous ones (well ok a little on GT4) who hasn't been part of previous forza/gt forum wars. I simply wish to evaluate the product when its in my hands. Instead this thread has been subjected to thousands of trolling posts from people who really should know better.

You mean people who know what they're talking about. Note that lack of a question mark.

By that I assume you mean "not agreeing" on how amazing GT is going to be. I'm sure when fm3 came out there was uproar that the pics on show where of the higher detailed photomode yet it seems to be fine that GT5 has photos mainly from the photomode or the high detail of the Replay mode....actual in game doesn't see to be that much better than fm3 apart from the number of cars on show

Not at all! All I want is to be able to evaluate the game properly when it comes out yet the armchair experts with 3 copies under their beds all know better, by all means check my posts but I don't think you'll find any such comments by me. Yes F3 was king of the bull shot, I suspect GT5 is too!

Can I have one of the copies you keep under your bed Roy so I too can speak with such experience?

If he was criticising the handling/gameplay you'd have a point with that.

But you don't need a copy to know that having some views on some of the cars is shiiiiiiiiite.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Now now children, no squabbling over a computer game. I did that with my sister when I was 13.

If you want to buy it, then buy it. It'll certainly be worth £35/40 even with flaws. If you don't want to buy it, don't.

M135i and the shed
If you're that bothered about different views, buy a different game.

The GT series are loved and are what they are due to the driving physics engine and GT5 will live or die by that measure, not by what views it's got.

Fiesta ST-2
Sorry if this questions been asked but let me get this right. Are they saying some cars have no cockpit view or is the cockpit view some generic/default one for the less detailed cars?

over 1000 cars 200 will be premium detail made for GT5 models with an interior view and more detailed damage. The rest are polished up GT4 models without interior view and in some places there have been suggestions that you cannot flip them either due to them not having any modeling done on the underside as they date from GT4.

Sorry if this questions been asked but let me get this right. Are they saying some cars have no cockpit view or is the cockpit view some generic/default one for the less detailed cars?

200 cars = Every view. Correct interiors.
800 cars = Some views. No interior at all.

If he was criticising the handling/gameplay you'd have a point with that.

But you don't need a copy to know that having some views on some of the cars is shiiiiiiiiite.

Your right boys I am sorry its just a complete load of s**t, silly me for wanting to actually play the game or even to await a balanced review. Damn what a school boy error! Won't be making that one again.

GT5 officially shite do not buy!

Nippy white cup
Lol again because of someones opinion differing from " GT5 roolz" you go off on one? People say you can't compare Prologue because it was a demo/unfinished product but to me having only 200 cars out of a famed 1000 with full detail means the full release is also unfinished.....I can't imagine what would happen if EA brought fifa 12 out claiming to have every team from every proffesional league in the world then saying when it is released that although the teams are there they all look like man utd's team because they ran out of time to model them all

Citroen DS3 DSport
It has taken them this long to get 200 premium cars into the game so I'm glad I don't have to await for another 800 premium cars before they release it.

DCi
S1LIF.jpg

also the air brake works on the buggati veyron :)

RS Clio 182
Ive only ever played with bumper cam on GT games anyway so only 200 cars with the interior doesnt bother me,if i buy one of those cars i'll have a glance at the interior view for a minute,admire it and then go back to the bumper view - im much more bothered about how the actual racing is and gameplay feels - after playing F12010,Dirt2 & Grid i think it might feel a bit shallow and boring - espeically with still the same dodgy collision detection e.g. bouncing off the AI cars when theres contact.

Im mainly going buy this game purely for the graphics,photo mode and collecting a few nice looking cars,as i suspect lot of people will get it for - the prospect of the actual 'racing' in it doesnt excite me much.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, I was remaining on the fence until it was confirmed, but I think this just about covers it :

One of the most repeated questions is about changing rims on Standard cars. No, Standard cars can't have their rims changed. Period. Forever. Sorry guys, but there are more than 200 Premiums waiting to have their rims changed, and I guess it is lots of dirty hands to be washed after only that number. Imagine 1031, no hands can sustain so much degreaser and soap And no, really no, Standards do not have interiors too.

Honestly? Disappointed. Massively. Like Chris said a few pages back, bumper cam and hood cam and vag cam are all well and good, but driving from within the c*ckpit adds a sense of reality to things - it becomes so much more immersive.

Big shame. Saying that, I won't be buying the game straight off the bat, anyway.

Lol again because of someones opinion differing from " GT5 roolz" you go off on one? People say you can't compare Prologue because it was a demo/unfinished product but to me having only 200 cars out of a famed 1000 with full detail means the full release is also unfinished.....I can't imagine what would happen if EA brought fifa 12 out claiming to have every team from every proffesional league in the world then saying when it is released that although the teams are there they all look like man utd's team because they ran out of time to model them all

Please don't post ill thought out ignorant crap. Take the time to find one post from me in this thread that states GT5 Roolz? Or indeed actually anything mildly positive?

My only criterion all along is that it would be good to actually await the finished product or reviews and not have all these Forza fan boys ruining the thread. By all means start a GT5 is crap thread just to clear out this thread of all this bollacks that is obscuring half decent information coming through! Is that really so unreasonable?

Nippy white cup
Please don't post ill thought out ignorant crap. Take the time to find one post from me in this thread that states GT5 Roolz? Or indeed actually anything mildly positive?

My only criterion all along is that it would be good to actually await the finished product or reviews and not have all these Forza fan boys ruining the thread. By all means start a GT5 is crap thread just to clear out this thread of all this bollacks that is obscuring half decent information coming through! Is that really so unreasonable?

I don't think I said you said GT5 Roolz? I was mearly saying that as this is a discussioin forum you can't have a moan when people make negative comments no matter if they are based on playing, watching the game or even looking at screenshots of the game. There are going to be people who love it and hate it but the point most people are trying to make is that after 6years or whatever in the making you would expect a more finished product rather than an obviously rushed out (even after the length of time in the making) product. I imagine that the the game designers hadn't anticipated the time needed for the project and sony have put their foot down and forced the release.

Oh and Criterion actually made the Burnout games ;)

Chris

So if I play the game, will cockpit views become available for all cars?

BTW, nearly all the "Forza fanboys" as you call them in this thread, have said they're buying GT5. You know it is actually possible to have negative and positive views of things one owns, and things other people own.