ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Negative to counter the positive I posted above :

OK I am starting to get the feeling something is wrong here. When starting and you get the multiple views of your car with the countdown the shadow from the car would not look out of place on the SNES, it is just ridiculously bad. Along with this the game does not fill up my screen, I have a 2 inch black border around it.
Maybe I have to go and do a install option or something.

I would stop getting excited by those screenies if I were you, you are setting yourself up for a huge disapointement. I just had a standard car infront of me and it was like I was playing a PS2 game, they really F'ed up putting those cars in the game.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
An honest review from the head of Sony UK, there.

Six years work for 200 cars. Kaz must be proud.

That's one car every two weeks.

Citroen DS3 DSport
There is a definite improvement shown here which makes me doubt that the standard cars make the game look like a PS2 title.

Standard Car GT5
2s82wit.jpg

GT4 Car
23jsbj7.jpg

Fiesta ST-2
Yes the sky looks nicer :rasp: I'm getting the game although slightly disapointing with a few things, I'm over them now.

Obviously it's going to be better than GT4 and if ALL the cars were this new 'standard' way then that's one thing, but the fact some of them look superb, it just highlights the difference even more.

Some of those photo mode shots are awesome!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Obviously it's going to be better than GT4 and if ALL the cars were this new 'standard' way then that's one thing, but the fact some of them look superb, it just highlights the difference even more.

Some of those photo mode shots are awesome!

Indeed, but as was pointed out elsewhere, it's not supposed to be a screensaver. Which is a shame, as the detail level in photo mode is not the same during gameplay, and it won't ever be with the graphics capabilities in the current consoles.

Some of the pictures do look bloody good, though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm running it on PS4. All 1000 cars run at 100fps with Photo Mode levels of detail.

The downside being, I have to play it under my bed.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL @ the Belmont reference :

I am installing the game at the moment mate, probably got 20 mins left. I dont see why the AI would stop being as dumb as a box of rocks the further you get into the game. They may get quicker but I would still expect them to not know that there are other cars on the track, which is what really disapoints me.
Obviously the handling will change with the car but from what I have felt from the Civic it just is not all that great.

One other thing, I turn all driving assists off as I usually find racing games too easy with them on. The braking is stupidly sensitve and unrealistic with ABS off, I was locking up my wheels far too easily with very little pressure applied to the pedal. When I first passed my driving test many years ago I had a Vauxhal Belmont, it had no ABS and if the braking was anything like GT5 I would be dead.

Monaco 172
Does anyone where the cheapest place to get this will be tonight? I know I'm being lazy but it saves me searching over all the websites for hours :eek:

Currently installing now, Scutch it does take you through a screen calibration thing where you have to set the corners of the screen and yeah 2 inch black border sounds about right if you skip this process.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
If I hadn't gone and bought another warranty when I had the laser changed, I'd get a new drive tomorrow. poo

--then, after a quick call to PS-Pros--

£60+ VAT for a 320gb upgrade...... got to be a winner

That's really steep for a 320gb drive. Maybe I should call myself something pro and double my prices too?

Listerine & Poledo
maybe polyphony could do a localised 'classic'-car expansion pack

Nova SR
Astra Belmont
XR4x4
Scorpio Cosworth
Volvo BTCC Estate

they concentrate too much on the convenient Japanese cars, but I dont care about the JGTC or Japanese cult cars, get some old BTCC cars and a couple of dodgy old jalopies in there from europe.

Fiat Tipo Turbo FTW

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just glad my car is in it, even if it's a standard one.

I'm only mildly disappointed that there won't be accurately detailed thumb grip cracking, and rattling interior panels. What I think I'll notice the most, is the lack of noise coming from the climate control fan

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hmm, and this is from a GT'er :

Just had a quick go.

Very poor... though its probably one of those games that gets better, but this is probably the worst first impression I've ever had of a game.

5 years in the making? They should be embarrassed.

The jaggies are just unbelievable - I'm no graphics *****, but I appreciate technical brilliance, and this aint it! Terrible

AI is poor, bumper cars are back - and why make the 2 genuinely interesting additions (Go-Karts and NASCAR) so easy to reach - I'd unlocked both within 10 mins.

The Go-Karts are truly awful so far - graphics are crap, no sense of speed and handles like a shopping trolly.

NASCAR looks like it could be fun though, very fast, lots of camera shake (so good sensation of speed) and graphics were better - plus a cockpit view!

Couple all that in with the 45 minute install, long load times, clunky menu and hangs (ok, to be fair that is because the online isnt enabled yet) - just makes it a disappointing package!

Overall, I'm really not digging it if you havent guessed!

(give it a few weeks, more unlocks, better AI and races etc and I'll probably love it!)

Closing comment could be key, IMO.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Flol... stupid game, my Civic feels NOTHING like my old Belmont.

On another matter, surely you're fine to keep ABS on if the car you're driving has it IRL? Excluding ABS from a car that has it IRL is bound to cause issues, no?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Flol... stupid game, my Civic feels NOTHING like my old Belmont.

On another matter, surely you're fine to keep ABS on if the car you're driving has it IRL? Excluding ABS from a car that has it IRL is bound to cause issues, no?

Yeah, knocking all aids off when they shouldn't be off is a bit odd.

Listerine & Poledo
judging by that merc video, the more you level up tghe harder it gets, so hopefully all our hating will be turned around in a couple of weeks

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That Granada would need to be a Premium car just for the shut lines.

I could park the Twingo between the door and wing.