ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
DiRT 3 will piss all over this.

But I am intrigued to find out if it scores well in the reviews.

Again, that will be the minority when you look at the millions of copies that will be sold. If it wasn't so, more games would have the option.

Damage can be turned off. In fairness you can use the "how many will use this feature" excuse to get out of adding anything to a game. The more that customers push devs the better quality games we get. It's no different to half the s**t fitted in modern cars, most of it isn't used by a lot of the owners.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Damage can be turned off. In fairness you can use the "how many will use this feature" excuse to get out of adding anything to a game. The more that customers push devs the better quality games we get. It's no different to half the s**t fitted in modern cars, most of it isn't used by a lot of the owners.

So you expect them to spend money developing features that the majority will switch off to please a minority. Fair enough.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Want this but playing with the rubbish PS3 pad doubt it'd really be worth it, especially with the terrible triggers.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
People don't like it and have decided to cancel their order, I think the forum gets it. I can't say I'm surprised Christopher has cancelled his preorder, he's been an angry little man in this forum for weeks! ;)

If damage was truly accurate then people new to the genre would have the steepest learning curve EVER. One missed braking point leading to one shunt into the back of someone else and their race would be over. Like it or not, they have to make it "pick up and play"able...

The option to turn it off would be nice, or just make it cosmetic only. The damage engine, as a whole is shockingly bad.

But they might have an EK9 in there

LOL. <3

A silver one
Not like they care because they'll sell millions to people that know no better, but I've cancelled my preorder, they've f*cking annoyed me.

How many times have you cancelled and re-ordered? I've counted at least 19 in this thread ;)

No seriously, how many times? 3?

Lee

BMW M2C
DiRT 3 will piss all over this.

But I am intrigued to find out if it scores well in the reviews.

From what I've played so far DiRT3 is very special. I need to stop poking around though, or I'll spoil it for myself as I did with 2. lol

I was going to cancel my GT pre order last week, when I realised that I was getting all the things which previously made the series so special from every other racing game available. Unfortunately I remembered just after the shopto email saying that had taken my money, so it's now on it's way. I know I'm going to be let down though. All I want is to feel the same way about GT5 as I did about the previous versions, and I can't see that happening. But you never know, it may have something we don't know about, and the reviews haven't started to surface yet.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
my Collectors edition has been dispatched by amazon today:cool:, hopefully should be here tomorrow with toy story 3 on blu ray:D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
People don't like it and have decided to cancel their order, I think the forum gets it. I can't say I'm surprised Christopher has cancelled his preorder, he's been an angry little man in this forum for weeks! ;)

If damage was truly accurate then people new to the genre would have the steepest learning curve EVER. One missed braking point leading to one shunt into the back of someone else and their race would be over. Like it or not, they have to make it "pick up and play"able...

How many times have you cancelled and re-ordered? I've counted at least 19 in this thread ;)

No seriously, how many times? 3?

Preordered from Game.
Cancelled to preorder from ShopTo.
Cancelled to preorder from Game (Midnight collection)
Cancelled.

LOL.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I thought reviews were released before the game?

I'm expecting scores of 80% lol

Lee

BMW M2C
I thought reviews were released before the game?

I'm expecting scores of 80% lol

Review code went out at the weekend. Eurogamer reckon they'll have there review up Wednesday morning, when I expect a lot of people will already have the game tomorrow!

DCi
apparently damage starts kicking in at level 10

mildly annoying. first thing i do with any car game is turn all the settings to 'as realistic and hard as possible please' which doesn't sounds doable in this.

it also annoys me the amount of youtube clips where people keep the racing line on. n00bs :mad:

Evo 8 MR
I don't understand why some people feel so strongly about certain aspects if this game.

I'm just excited it's finally being released and look forward to playing it, it's Gran Turismo, I have every faith it will be brilliant.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
is there a site where you can have a look at the courses and look at the general stuff you get on the game

Clio 200 Raider
T3 stating 50 mins to install game lol.

I wish it was going to feel like the first gran turismo as sum1 mentioned earlier.oh well i will give it a good bash either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

clio-lord

I don't understand why some people feel so strongly about certain aspects if this game.

I'm just excited it's finally being released and look forward to playing it, it's Gran Turismo, I have every faith it will be brilliant.

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gt5sadkeanu.png

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PMSL @ that video.

"Realistic Gran Turismo 5 vs CARTOON Forza Motorsport 3"

That's the best bit.

I'm guessing that the child who made that video has never driven a real car.

PMSL @ that video.

"Realistic Gran Turismo 5 vs CARTOON Forza Motorsport 3"

That's the best bit.

I'm guessing that the child who made that video has never driven a real car.
I think its meant to be a piss take video i.e taking the piss out of GT5???

Anyway I am getting bored of 'Death' by crappy YT videos!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah. I'm going to see if I can play it at Mike's (BIFCAIDS) on Wednesday.

I want it to handle more than anything. :dapprove: I'd even put up with all the other dodgy bits if it did.