ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Leon Cupra 300
Does the update stay on hdd? and just run everytime you play the game?

n00b question... are the controllers rechargeable? where you plug them in?

I dont know if the update I installed had this big an effect or if I am just now 'getting it' but I take back everything negative I had to say about the handling, its superb.
I went back to my '97 Civic Type R and it felt like a tank, exactly how I would expect such a car to feel after driving the Nissan GT. I could really feel the weight, it was very heavy and I could tell that it had stock suspension with the way the weight was transfering from left to right. It felt very spongy and quick steering adjustments were not possible because of it.
I was not breaking enough into the corners and the heavyness of the car was very apparent the way it just kept on going deep into the turn, the feeling of inertia was very good.
At times I felt like I was on the edge of the tyres grip levels, just to check if this was just a feeling I pushed a bit harder and started to slide.

Very pleased with the game now, graphics & AI aside.

Lol I'd say they've got it wrong then. EK's are light and having driven several now, spongy, vague etc are the opposite of how they feel to drive.

I think he means in comparison Si, Have to say the weight transfer of the golf I was hustling through a series of bends to gain my b license felt spot on, AI do hold their line tight though but handling does seem much improved

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Anyone noticed a delay in throttle response? If you jib the accelerator on/off you get a massive delay with the engine reacting :S

BMW E46 330i Touring
Came home to mine sitting in my letterbox about half an hour ago, just installing.

I sense that some people will be using their own driving inability to give the game a bad score! "I tried to enter a hairpin bend in 5th gear in my Audi R8 and the understeer was terrible!"...

Lee

BMW M2C
I may be being very dumb here but where the hell do I setup my pedals. You breath on the brake pedal and lock up. Also has anyone found a car which doesn't sound like a hairdryer yet?

Standard cars look awesome, when moving actually you wouldn't tell them from a premium (ok maybe thats a lie but easily up to fm3 std) However turn on photo mode and they are shockingly bad for some reason , much like the mx5 posted above in extreme close up!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i love the special challange 3 , top gear test track with VW split screen campers:cool: EPIC even if they are slow as hell lol.... Can anyone get online yet, mine keeps crashing when i try to get online :(

M135i
Have to say I'm really impressed with the handling!

Bought myself a Civic FD2 (do other people buy their own cars in game?), and have to say they've nailed the handling pretty well compared to the real deal.

What I don't like are the awful load times and the graphics..... even the premium cars look a bit ropey for some reason.

Clio 200 Raider
right after 2 hours playing im bored lol.

graphics better yes some of the backgrounds look a bit fake though. poor experience with the g25 cant change the pedals, as lee said lock up very quickly all the cars sound the same as before. Most of the tracks are the same. some of the great tracks are missing.
remember ss route 11 with the bus stop that was awesome. They only seem to have ss clubman route 5 and some 2hr straight version aswell. where is the american city track cant remember the name and as someone mentioned midfield aswell. monaco isnt very realistic to how it looks now.
i turned off all the aids, then everytime you start a race, you have to turn abs and traction control off again (annoying). If you use the behind car camera can you tell the handling has changed from gt1 lol i cant.
oh well back to f1 for me. probably give this another attempt later in the week but dissapointment for me is an understatement of the year. lol

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm going through the license tests. Same old same old. It feels like I'm always waiting for it to load or fade in or out.

FD2 felt quite nice though. f**k all like a real one though unless it was on ice.

Bus w**ker
My mates got this (I can't be arsed, I f**king hate GT) and I lent him my PS Eye thing for the face tracking. Has anyone else tried it and if so is my mate just being a f**king 'tard, as he says it doesn't do s**t? I've looked on YouTube and it looks like it should move a far amount when you shift your head but he's whinging on that it doesn't do anything and there's nowt in the manual on how to set it up etc.

Please for the love of god some one tell me how to make it work, before I beat him to death with my 60Gb fat.

Much love.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Bloody loving it.

Apart from the standard cars this game is great. Zonda Z + Wheel + Manual Transmission = Epic!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
agree, took me ages just to bronze.

Does anyone know how to race the Top Gear track?

I have unlocked it (lvl 4) but can only so far do the stupid bus race?

Think you need to unlock it. I checked out the GT event....Then backed out when told Id have to drive that stupid vw bus lol

1.6 Ford Focus
I quite like it and for once on GT I have started with a decent car... not that I have even used it yet though.

Shame the online isn't working yet though...

Does anyone know what the GT Museum is all about? I got 5 "tickets" to the museum when I first started the game but when I go into it there's hundreds of old cars but no pictures or anything.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
so what do you lot think on the first car should be? is there allot of choice also can you browse through the second hand market for your first car or is that locked?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I made a few too many mods to my EK and finished 25 seconds ahead of all of the AI.. woops

You can browse the used cars, or you can buy some new ones

I don't think anyones bought anything but a brand new EK so far? :p

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
lol very tempted to buy a car i really like like a R34 V spec II and get it waked up to the brim with gear or save up and get a few cars

Lee

BMW M2C
So far all gold in B class and as everyone else I've got an ek which beats everything else easily. It's just GT4 in a slightly higher res! It's good but not 5 years good. 8/10.

PMSl, didn't know an ek9 was available at a shade under 20k, heres what I have bought so far:

TOYOTA Vitz RS
Susuki swift sport (surprisingly good)

FML...

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought a new Swift for my 1st car, won the TG Special Challenge which was very boring. Currently driving the AMG driving school which is great fun on the Ring.

The Nissan MM r cup 01 is an awesome FR driver, shame it says Playstation 2 all over it!

Just been walking around the London track taking pictures of the crowd (as you do ;)) and theres no birds, blokes only!!!!!

Last edited:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
First car for me was a 97 EK9. It's currently pushing approx 230bhp, goes well and the handling is surprisingly good.

Plus a few freebie cars from winning races.