ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Black/gold 182 FF
yeah its a bit rubbish as ive had it on preorder for 4 months to get it early, i could have just gone to a shop and picked up a copy. hopefully it will come today as the post still hasnt been yet.
and whole £3 off isnt going to make me fork out another £47 lol

thats expensive the game is only £19.99 - 24.99 not seen it for the price you quoted

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah its a bit rubbish as ive had it on preorder for 4 months to get it early, i could have just gone to a shop and picked up a copy. hopefully it will come today as the post still hasnt been yet.
and whole £3 off isnt going to make me fork out another £47 lol

thats expensive the game is only £19.99 - 24.99 not seen it for the price you quoted

the £47 is for GTA 4 with the £3 off play.com have given me for GT prologue being late, i paid £17.98 for GT prologue

Octy VRS
Just checked my order with Amazon and it wasn't dispatched until 9.30 last night with Royal Mail, how's that going to arrive today? c**ts! May go to Tesco later and return my Amazon order when it does arrive.
I take it back. It's just been plonked on my desk! :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I got it installed but the update failed 3/4 of the way through! Only got 1 race in and it seems good, going to take some getting used to though, seeing as I'm not familiar with the PS3 and am coming from Forza 2 /360. What does the update do exactly?

v6
still waiting for mine :( had an email from play.com saying it was dispatched on the 26th, then got another one last night saying there was a delay to there warehouse and that they had missed the release date so they were offering £3 off GTA 4

Same here, so I went to asda at 12 last night:approve:

Sure enough the play.com one hasn't arrived, as soon as it does it's going straight back!

Anyone done that stupid suzuki crappachino lap time event yet? I got 1:39.7 :dapprove:

Last edited:
  MY10 R35 GTR
still waiting for mine :( had an email from play.com saying it was dispatched on the 26th, then got another one last night saying there was a delay to there warehouse and that they had missed the release date so they were offering £3 off GTA 4

Same here, so I went to asda at 12 last night:approve:

Sure enough the play.com one hasn't arrived, as soon as it does it's going straight back!

Anyone done that stupid suzuki crappachino lap time event yet? I got 1:39.7 :dapprove:

doin the A spec races the now :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I got it installed but the update failed 3/4 of the way through! Only got 1 race in and it seems good, going to take some getting used to though, seeing as I'm not familiar with the PS3 and am coming from Forza 2 /360. What does the update do exactly?

Restart the update and it'll continue from where it failed, the progress bar however will start from the beginning again.

The update makes several changes which will overwrite some of your existing game saves so it's best to get it complete before you begin.

I'll complete the A Class races tonight and unlock S Class.

Titanium ph1 turbo
Is the online play really s**t then? I was anticipating this being the highlight of the game, sounds like dodgem car racing is going to ruin the entire point of it. :(

Golf R/Leon FR
how do you get the japan update for GT5P? is it auto from starting the game or do you need to go on the net for it??

Lee

BMW M2C
Just had a few single races at work, I couldn't resist.

I feel seriously let down. Sony need this to be their flagship title. We all expect it to spank us off big time. Visually it's no where near as impressive as it needs to be. The LOD in the rear view mirror is poor, the tracks look bland and the handling hasn't moved on from 4. Online play, as has been said, is poor due to people just ramming you out of the way. The cars look amazing though, but anyone can model a car these days, however, they are beautifully lit. Car interiors look terrible. I'm thinking they should never have promised full 1080p and put the power to better use elsewhere.

All in all this isn't the showcase for the hardware which it needs to be, so the PS3 could be in for a tough year.

I'll give it a good go over the weekend, but at the moment I'm not impressed with any of it. It's been in dev for a long time, and they've got just shy of 12 months to get the full version out but I can't see how they're going to change it dramatically enough to make GT5 worth buying.

There's a steady stream of people coming in and out of my office looking at it, all of them massively underwhelmed.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
I've played for an hour now, massive let down, anyone want to buy a PS3? This has got nothing on Forza.

The lighting is nice and using the G25 with linear steering helps but it doesnt make up for what feels like a much more shalow car handling physics and the sound, especially the tire noise is a complete turn off. It really makes me appreciate just how well they did with the sound in Forza 2, its amazing how much a difference the sound makes to the level of immersion and offers much better feedback to the type of stress being put on the tires. Also I am really suprised PD would release this game with such horrible frame rate/screen tearing issues. GT4:p was a solid 60fps, GT5:p is not speaking well for their once high standards.

Being a car nut its going to be hard not to buy GT5 but so far the whole Top Gear aspect is for me the only real selling point. BR Player that offers Top Gear interactivety would probably sum up my PS3 use.

Comment from someone on a gaming forum. I'm itching to have another go and make up my own mind on this.

Lee

BMW M2C
It does look better than Forza, though does lack nice particle effects from the dirt and tyre smoke.

Polyphony need to realise that the game has moved on massively and they've been left behind. No damage, inaccurate collision, poor online play.

As I said Si, they should have stuck to 720p and had a solid 60fps as we've come to expect and love with the GT series.

MY10 R35 GTR
dont really understand how you can both say its bad!! its only an introduction version of the full version! so ofcourse theres gona be things not up to scratch.

forza2's demo was crap!!! 3 laps roung a track and that was it!! u got bored after 5 mins!!!

damage is getting introduced later in the year once they have it life like!! Instead of a whole panel falling off in one hit like forza

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think we'll have to agree to disagree Lee :D

Graphically it's better than Forza 2 and with the wheel the car handling it excellent. Online will improve when they release the update to allow private races.

dont really understand how you can both say its bad!! its only an introduction version of the full version! so ofcourse theres gona be things not up to scratch.

forza2's demo was crap!!! 3 laps roung a track and that was it!! u got bored after 5 mins!!!

In fairness you can't really compare a free one track demo to a £20 "mini game" (for want of a better description)

It will be interesting to see how GT5 compares to GT5p in terms of the drive and features etc.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

damage is getting introduced later in the year once they have it life like!! Instead of a whole panel falling off in one hit like forza

Did we pay for the Forza 2 demo?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i felt the online play was good tbh, but then i have never played forza. it is also early days in the online play. i'm gonig ot have another bash tonight. i really like the game though. i couldn't stop playing it last night. but i need some faster cars!!!

i agree some mongs do try and ram you which is fecking annoying. i also agree the dust looks crap. it needs some decent tyre marks and it is crying out for crash damage.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

yes, but you've got to remember the Forza 2 demo was free, this as much as it isn't the full game, it isn't free.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i think the trakcs and grahpics are amazing. but then i haven't really played consoles heavily for a couple of years. my last major purchase was san andreas on the ps2. been on pc for quite some time.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Of the two I prefer playing GT5P. Forza 2 was fun but IMO the handling is more real in GT when using the wheel..

Lee

BMW M2C
Forzas demo was a demo, and was free, plus it came out just a month or so before the final product, so was a good indication of what we could expect.

GT has been in development for years so this should be a fairly good indication of how 5 is going to be, unlike the GT HD demo which was more a visual showcase and was free. They're really screwed us over this time. Making us pay for that is harsh. I was really excited about it to. If it was just a demo then it would be almost acceptible.

MY10 R35 GTR

Did we pay for the Forza 2 demo?

u paid £40 to get xbox online to allow u to access the demo

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
from my short race at lunchtime I'd agree with Lee's comments, I just didn't want to comment myself only having played one race. I'm hoping my overall opinion improves with more play tonight.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
just wait till they sort out friedns private racing. the cs fun will be great, plus they'll have fine tuned it all by then.

Forzas demo was a demo, and was free, plus it came out just a month or so before the final product, so was a good indication of what we could expect.

GT has been in development for years so this should be a fairly good indication of how 5 is going to be, unlike the GT HD demo which was more a visual showcase and was free. They're really screwed us over this time. Making us pay for that is harsh. I was really excited about it to. If it was just a demo then it would be almost acceptible.

So in short "Si put the credit card down and leave a PS3 and GT5p in the shops" ? lol

Lee

BMW M2C
just wait till they sort out friedns private racing. the cs fun will be great, plus they'll have fine tuned it all by then.

agreed!!!!

Even then it will never have the tension of trying to keep it clean for fear of damaging your car. Plus the collision boxes on the cars in GT5P are massive!!

I wouldn't bother Si, and that's coming from a huge GT fan. At least my PS3 was free, I'd be gutted if I'd bought it just for GT5P.

agreed!!!!

Even then it will never have the tension of trying to keep it clean for fear of damaging your car. Plus the collision boxes on the cars in GT5P are massive!!

I locked up last night mid way through sebring on the last corner over the bumps in the concrete and stoved my evo into the wall :eek: suffice to say it made for an interesting remainder of the race trying to keep ahead with a sticky NSF brake and mullered/smoking engine :eek:

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Disappointing to hear the comments so far, but if i remember rightly GT4 prologue was nothing like actual GT4 when it came to driving physics. I hope it's a deliberate move...

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think you're better playing it and forming your own conclusions. The opinions here are not shared by many others on the internet forums. If anything the negative comments seem to be in the minority.

Lee

BMW M2C
Disappointing to hear the comments so far, but if i remember rightly GT4 prologue was nothing like actual GT4 when it came to driving physics. I hope it's a deliberate move...

GT4 Prologue was a hugh leap forward for the simulation engine though over GT3. It gave us a real taster for how the full GT4 would be.

If GT HD was the demo, GT5P is the pay for taster of what we can expect from GT 5. There's no doubting 5P is good, but it's not moved the game on anywhere near enough. To call it "The Real Driving Simulation" is an insult. lol