ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

clio...
I don't know how you can compare a big demo to a full game.
I must admit, I was expecting it to be a little better, but all in all its quite enjoyable. Plenty of gameplay within it. I'm sure they'll release some updates to expand it..

Finally finished the jap update last night and I can confirm you get all the new cars/track and options and graphics do appear to have been turned up a notch.

No probs with the online either but then it has had online for a few months so maybe any issues have been ironed out?

Just to add it does now feel like a differnt game, I can take my Audi R8 online as there are now 35 online races to choose from instead of 4!!!!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Go check out who the fastest Nissan Skyline GTR (02 shape ) driver is on the Daytona Road track is lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW 328 Ci
Ok ive tried to download the update at least 10 times now, fails at different points every time, really starting to annoy me now. Probably becuase no one is working the weekend wherever the server is.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
got mine last night, installed it, updated it. went out, came back and put COD4 on till 2.30am this morning! 2day is GT5P day though. sending the wife out for the afternoon and its gonna be some serious burning rubber action! lol

Ok ive tried to download the update at least 10 times now, fails at different points every time, really starting to annoy me now. Probably becuase no one is working the weekend wherever the server is.

Its not a problem mate as if you download say 50mb on teh first attempt that 50 is saved on the hdd and it just continues next time you attempt it. I probably had to restart the download 40 times!

You can check progress by going into game info (hit trinagle with game highlighted in xmb)

Can you actually tune cars? some of thee online people have deffo done something... one dude was in the same car as me on a straight and randomly started pulling away.. wtf!? lol

I've done classes b&C so far...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
once you do A class you get S class where you can tune. also consider the slip stream effect?

A good review from IGN with graphics and physics scoring highly, neg points for scoring/racing system and some presentation issues

8.5 Presentation
A front end so clean you'd happily eat your eggs off of it, so it's disappointing that they sometimes struggle to convey key information.
9.0 Graphics
While not without fault, by and large this is one of the most visually impressive titles for the PS3.
9.5 Sound
The subject of near autistic attention from Polyphony Digital, the audio helps entrap the player in complete automotive immersion.
8.5 Gameplay
The core driving remains unsurpassed - the single-player structure is an unwelcome return to an archaic formula.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
While only a slice of what the full game will offer, the six tracks are generous and should provide a lasting arena for online play.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what gets my goat at the moment is bad losers intentionally ramming me. it is annoying as you have to take the most inner route round a corner for fear of being ramed if taking the racing line.

what gets my goat at the moment is bad losers intentionally ramming me. it is annoying as you have to take the most inner route round a corner for fear of being ramed if taking the racing line.

indeed, thats been happening to me all day.

I've managed 1 race without getting rammed... and came second :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm sure we can arrange some time trial competitions to keep us busy until private races become available. You can download the ghost laps of the top times.

I've completed A, B & C classes and the addition of the car tuning menu is excellent. I love the F430 and the Viper Coupe.

saving up for the F430 and ford GT to complete A class at the moment...

Nissan GTR is awsome, favourite car so far.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
how far do you have to get sneeks before tuning is available, i'm nearing completion of the B class at the moment, does completion of A class unlock it?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yes complete A class and you gain access to the quick tuning menu where you can alter various settings for the car. From here you can increase or decrease performance points for each car and enter them into performance rated races in S class or online.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio

i fckin hate racing online. i prefer to do time trials.

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
I'm sure we can arrange some time trial competitions to keep us busy until private races become available. You can download the ghost laps of the top times.

I've completed A, B & C classes and the addition of the car tuning menu is excellent. I love the F430 and the Viper Coupe.

lol ive got a score 2 settle with you!!

You beat my R8 daytona time on the jap version lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
That's right, how sweet a moment that was too :)

The TT's are where the best online challenge can be found for now. We definitely need to start a challenge on here if we can get enough people to participate.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
once you finish all class A races it becomes avaible on the menu, some people should stop playing for a sec and take a look in the in game manual ;)

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
That's right, how sweet a moment that was too :)

The TT's are where the best online challenge can be found for now. We definitely need to start a challenge on here if we can get enough people to participate.

lol. i curently hold the Skyline gtr record!

beat that lol.

ive noticed that a few of you (and some of the corsa forum guys), have recorded a few times too!!!

Gay... done everything in Class A bar the ferrari one... gonna take ages to save up...
The one that took us ages was the "beat everyone in one lap" in the integra R lol took about a million goes...

Clio 200 Raider
im now in s class u get the tuning menu as already mentioned. i just lower the weight and hike the power up, sorted

now to get the f1 car

Clio 200 Raider
Gay... done everything in Class A bar the ferrari one... gonna take ages to save up...
The one that took us ages was the "beat everyone in one lap" in the integra R lol took about a million goes...

i just did the daytona 5 lap race in A class over and over again, doesnt take long u get £20,000 a time. u soon get the cash to get the ferrari. I even got the Ford Gt aswell on the way still didnt take me that long.

Citroen DS3 DSport
i just did the daytona 5 lap race in A class over and over again, doesnt take long u get £20,000 a time. u soon get the cash to get the ferrari. I even got the Ford Gt aswell on the way still didnt take me that long.

I used the same method to save for the F430 and Viper Coupe :) The F430 is an excellent car and has produced some great powerslide moments.

My F430 got it's arse chewed off by a tuned Elise when I reduced its performance points for the first S class race.

will any of our cars/credits/licenses transfer over to the full game when it eventually comes out? or will we have to do this all over again?>

Golf R/Leon FR
this update people are talking about, where do i download it from??

is it automatically done on the instalation? or from psn?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
how quick is the gt40:eek: its alot faster and better handling than my f430, just clearing up A class with it at the min:D . GTR's are shite, slide all over the place but they are fast. id imagine they will do something similer to gt4 prologue where when u get the full game it transfers some credits and liceneses over????