ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

FOCUS ST 275
More power and it will be down to how you set up the TC really.

Errm off. lol, or is off not always best?

Have you tried the V6 at Fuji??
Drive it with TC off and then with TC on.

With TC is loads faster, without TC the back end of the car is all over the shop ( but tif the controller was more sensitive i recon no TC would be better).

So if you have a wheel + pedals, im guessing you have more throttle controll, so will be easier without TC.

Do a standing start with the M3 or F430 without TC, smoke smoke smoke.
TC on and ur off the line like a whippet.

Clio 172 Cup
I always drive with the TC off, I do have the G25 which helps, but I think the pad has the advantage of being able to go from lock to lock in a split second which can help in the hairy moments. I find that trail braking into the corners with the V6 helps keep the back end in order?! Though in the tuned 111r nothing can help that from spinning even in a straight line!

1998 BMW e46 323i
How bloody hard is SUZUKA Race three of the Class A All Stars series!? I'm battling round trying to finish in the top 3, and can't finsh above 10th.

I've tried in the M3 with everything switched off and now I'm in the GT-R... I've been at it 3hrs now, ha ha. It's a hard life.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
How bloody hard is SUZUKA Race three of the Class A All Stars series!? I'm battling round trying to finish in the top 3, and can't finsh above 10th.

I've tried in the M3 with everything switched off and now I'm in the GT-R... I've been at it 3hrs now, ha ha. It's a hard life.

I'm sure i used a corvette for this.. the R34 is far too wild!

p.s. if you think the class A's are hard wait till your onto the Class S!! hahaha - i've not finished them yet, still got 3 or 4 to do.. not bad though i've only played it 5 nights.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I've only got a few cars in my garage to choose from, M3, 1 series tii, Skyline R34, Dodge Viper, R35 GT-R,.. I'm getting better at it with practice, but my thumbs are getting sore now and it's infuriating!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
ah see i bought the corvette for the american muscle.. it's a decent motor and good for getting cash on daytona speedway cos it's so easy! You dont even need to touch the brakes at all, just lift off - drift - power - straight.

20k easy over and over again.. i'd recommend you save for the ferarri though as you need it too..

Infact thats what i done suzuka in - not the corvette!

BMW 328 Ci
Are you sure you have all aids off, with standard physics, you should be able to smoke them in the GT-R.

Finally managed to get all the standard events on gold, the F40 one is deffinately the hardest I would say.

Has anyone seen the new videos on GT TV. Theres a doc about the new evo, and a two parter about the GT-R, in part 2 you get a nice full ring lap without any crappy commentary. In part 3 which is to come you get them trying to break 300kph on the autobahn and another ring lap.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea i watched them yesterday thought they were really interesting lookin forward to seeing them nearly loose the GT-R on the ring aswell lol did you see that in the preview for the 3rd one?

BMW 328 Ci
Yea lol, it looked a bit of a handfull in the wet in no2 too, but the speed is probably deceptive, going quicker than it looked.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Are you sure you have all aids off, with standard physics, you should be able to smoke them in the GT-R.

I've still got stability on I think... And maybe professional physics; what's the difference with the latter? I think the problem is with my level of talent TBH.

Will have another go when the gf's gone to work!

And yeah, the HD vids are pretty interesting and well shot, just a shame they take an age to download.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
I just managed to get gold in that cappuchino one lastnight!! lol

I had to use manual, changing at 7250rpm gives you another 8-10mph at the end of the straight! Closest i got on automatic was 0.2s off, in the end i whooped his ass by about 1.2s!

Only got one gold to get in B and a few in C class. Still got 2 races to complete in S class but i'm getting there!

S class is solid! Saving for the rari as i dont have it yet. (using the mines liner - i like!)

BMW 328 Ci

I've still got stability on I think... And maybe professional physics; what's the difference with the latter? I think the problem is with my level of talent TBH.

Will have another go when the gf's gone to work!

And yeah, the HD vids are pretty interesting and well shot, just a shame they take an age to download.

Pro Physics makes the cars much more realistic, wheelspin, oversteer in RWD and understeer in 4WD and FWD, plus you have to brake much earlier. All the times and oppenents have clearly been designed assuming you will use standard making it almost impossible to do it with Pro on.
Plus stability will be slowing you down massivly in the corners, you really dont need it with standard physics on.

top of the pyramid
Im using it on pro wit no driving aids on, using the controller the f430 takes abit to get the hang of as ive been using 4wd cars for a while.

FOCUS ST 275
Have you tried the V6 at Fuji??
Drive it with TC off and then with TC on.

With TC is loads faster, without TC the back end of the car is all over the shop ( but tif the controller was more sensitive i recon no TC would be better).
TC off is loads faster at Fuji!

Hmm, i belive BenR is top of that track WITH TC turned on.
Case rested.

This is with Proffensional, not standard.

1998 BMW e46 323i
SUZUKA Eat my shorts!!!! Turned everything off, standard physics and scored 2nd place. Thank fook for that. Thanks for all the advice lads, without it I'd still be in Susuka this time next week.

Last edited:
  Tweaked Leon Cupra R
SUZUKA Eat my shorts!!!! Turned everything off, standard physics and scored 2nd place. Thank fook for that. Thanks for all the advice lads, without it I'd still be in Susuka this time next week.

You gotta do it all again in the S Class!!! haha Fuji too.

BMW 328 Ci
Had a go at the Clio V6 TT earlier, managed 3rd, always seem to mess up that 2nd corner that you cant see as you approach it, plus I cant hack bens wide line into the last corner.
Does anyone know why the Clio is left hand drive, yet has MPH on the speedo, bit of a geeky thing to notice, they are normally spot on with interiors, like with the Integra when it goes off the speedo due to the Jap Speed Limiters.

Completly seperate but does anyone notice the graphical glitches on Suzuka, when your in car you often get random flashes inside the car, normally through the first corner complex. And the other day I started a TT in the Evo X and the car had 2 huge lines coming out of it into the sky, I think it was the graphics of the arms.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Does anyone know why the Clio is left hand drive, yet has MPH on the speedo, bit of a geeky thing to notice, they are normally spot on with interiors, like with the Integra when it goes off the speedo due to the Jap Speed Limiters.

You can change it to kph in the settings.. lol

BMW 328 Ci

You can change it to kph in the settings.. lol

No I meant on the In Car Views, thats what I always use, and the Speedo is either KPH or MPH probably depending on the sample car they used to model the interior.

Another thing I noticed is the C4 Steering wheel is not fixed in the middle with the rotating edge.

Mk2 172
I have to be honest. Ive played this game quite a bit now and im dissapointed with it. I really do hope its better when the full game comes out. Dont get me wrong, its not crap but for realism its no forza 2 and for actual gameplay fun its not as good as pgr4. Still, ive sold the xbox so ive just got to deal with it.
(quietly waiting for all the slagging off to come)

Mk2 172
We can all have different opinions :)

Yeah fair point. What worries me the most is that if you drive the f430 with all aids off and drive it round suzuka it understeers off the track on every corner almost if your doin anymore than 50. Im sorry but in real life with tc off it would NEVER EVER do that. Ive been in one and they have immense levels of grip

I'm definately in the Forza camp on the question of physics having now played GT5p with the pro setting, how much that is down to the terrible triggers and their lack of ability to provide a linear and progressive throttle input I'm not sure. I have noticed the most vocal defenders of GT5p on here tend to be the ones who've invested another 3 to 500 beer tokens on a G25 and a seat of some description. Perhaps there is more of a need for a wheel to get the best out of the game compared to Forza, who knows.

Mk2 172
I'm definately in the Forza camp on the question of physics having now played GT5p with the pro setting, how much that is down to the terrible triggers and their lack of ability to provide a linear and progressive throttle input I'm not sure. I have noticed the most vocal defenders of GT5p on here tend to be the ones who've invested another 3 to 500 beer tokens on a G25 and a seat of some description. Perhaps there is more of a need for a wheel to get the best out of the game compared to Forza, who knows.

I agree. The other big thing that bugs me on gt5 is when your racing and your behind something like an f430(again) you hear almost no sound from the other car. On forza u hear the car in front howling away which im sure youll agree. if your behing a ferrari on full chat it makes a fair old din!!!!!!

A few of the boys on here were nursing a semi following my Carrera GT round silverstone when we were all on Forza one night.