ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gtechniq C1 & Exo

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've decided to invest in a proper coating/sealant and have decided on Gtechniq C1 & Exo. It appears to be fairly starlight forward to apply both products although I'll be finding somewhere indoors to do it.

It's pretty costly but seeing as the C1 lasts up to 5 years and the Exo 18 months it seems like a no brainer.

I've irdered the 30ml bottles. I take it these are just enough to do one car?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They'll do more than one car Dave.

Tip, use the proper gt applicators and follow s**t proprely!!!! Oh and use Carpro eraser if you can.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
They'll do more than one car Dave.

Tip, use the proper gt applicators and follow s**t proprely!!!! Oh and use Carpro eraser if you can.

Cheers G :up::pensive:

Yeah I ordered a load of extra applicators and I've just got a litre of Eraser :up:

Just need to get my bonnet resprayed and then find an indoor location to apply the stuff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice to leave it overnight if you can. Not essential just always nice to leave it curing.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Have you ordered already? I know it's a little more but crystal serum light is just so easy to apply and remove. Made applying EXO easier as well.

I'm now torn with the idea of selling a lot of my gear and going down the route of CSL and EXO. Recently tried this combo on a set of refurbed wheels. Covered almost 900miles in a weeks holiday to Cornwall and washing after was far far easier than my wheels coated with c5 or dlux

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Have you ordered already? I know it's a little more but crystal serum light is just so easy to apply and remove. Made applying EXO easier as well.

I'm now torn with the idea of selling a lot of my gear and going down the route of CSL and EXO. Recently tried this combo on a set of refurbed wheels. Covered almost 900miles in a weeks holiday to Cornwall and washing after was far far easier than my wheels coated with c5 or dlux

I've already ordered but I'll check out the serum next time :up:

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
The wife's Megane has CS Light and about 3 coats of Exo. Was easy to apply and makes maintenance a piece of cake. Full wash and dry in under an hour easily. I use C2 as a monthly top-up and keeps the paint super slick.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I typically use carpro reload either neat or diluted like a QD finish over coated cars. Occassionally sonax polymer net shield. Doesn't really add to the gloss but it just keeps the beading always super tight

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Did you use the C1 on the exterior plastics?.i was thinking of using this on my Outside plastics to keep them fresh and black,instead of having to keep doing them each time i clean the cup.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I've decided to invest in a proper coating/sealant and have decided on Gtechniq C1 & Exo. It appears to be fairly starlight forward to apply both products although I'll be finding somewhere indoors to do it.

It's pretty costly but seeing as the C1 lasts up to 5 years and the Exo 18 months it seems like a no brainer.

I've irdered the 30ml bottles. I take it these are just enough to do one car?
Your welcome anytime to do it at mine Dave, I have a mercury grey facelift Trophy coming next week. :)

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Once this is applied I take it maintenance washes are simple washes finished with a QD and nothing else?
My experience with Exo Mrs previous bmw was coated twice with it. First time c1 + exo, second time crystal serum + exo) , especially if the car lives outside is -
Keep on top of maintenance washes
top up with C2V3 every few washes ( first time I did this and the Exo lasted over a year, second time i didn't and it started to lose its properties after about 9 months on horizontal panels)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Did you use the C1 on the exterior plastics?.i was thinking of using this on my Outside plastics to keep them fresh and black,instead of having to keep doing them each time i clean the cup.
Absolutely amazing stuff. It works really well. Well worth the extortionate price.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Sounds good,what do i have to do before i apply it?.because at the moment its got megs tyre gel on the black plastics.
You will need to degrease all the megs stuff off and preferably use some isopropyl alcohol to clean any residue before using the c1. It's well worth the prep and it does last ages .

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thats cool,i can get some ipa from work.So does the C1 make it black or just a protective coat?

@Gus
It does make it factory looking black. Find some YouTube vids showing what it's like . Brilliant stuff. Don't use it in the grill though as it doesn't look as good as the black trim

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
E606F988-FC85-49C5-9B5F-0E754264DE77.jpeg

This does the same, I used on my wheels and the dirt just rinses off, it’s quite expensive but very good.