ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR2 - what are your laptimes at Donington?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Re: GTR2 - what are your laptimes at Donny?

Not done many laps in the Saleen yet, been busy trying to tame 911's :p

Got to love Donington though

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, Donny's a great circuit - what Porker's are you using on there?

Compared to the Saleen of the original GTR, Nik - the one in GTR2 is much more controllable. It's still very easy to make it get intimate with the tyre walls and gravel, but it 'seems' to give you plenty of warning this time around.

Have you tried any of the Driving School Challenges yet? ;)

D.

Is it full circuit you play on ?

I want to try some cas on the short circuit as on track days etc use.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

D.

Yeah, i've done the first 5 or 6 groups of challenges all with gold so far. Quite good actually, adds something new to the game.

edde - yeah, it has both the national and international circuit on it, so you can practice the track day lines :D. Pretty accurate to driving it for real too, although it seems a lot easier to have the bottle to keep your foot in through the craners on the game than it is in real life :clown:

D.

Yeah, i've done the first 5 or 6 groups of challenges all with gold so far. Quite good actually, adds something new to the game.

edde - yeah, it has both the national and international circuit on it, so you can practice the track day lines :D. Pretty accurate to driving it for real too, although it seems a lot easier to have the bottle to keep your foot in through the craners on the game than it is in real life :clown:

Get a slower car, Cramers is flat with as much curb as I want.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Here you go, bigmaddaz............

GTR2Pic.jpg

GTR2Pic2.jpg

GTR2Pic4.jpg

GTR2Pic5.jpg

Outofmywayboy.jpg

GTR2Pic3.jpg

D.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
what consoles can u get this on?not really into gaming but looks good, can i get it on ps2?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
think its gonna be release on 360 soonish

only pc at the min though

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm slowly getting the hang of that Saleen S7-R - especially at Donington, so I wanted to know what kind of times I should aim at?

Cheers,
D.

1:26.512 in stock saleen with 10 laps worth of fuel and soft slicks

Feck! That's some going Ben! Did you manage to catch each of those cars in the slides above?! Which version of the Donny track was that on?

As for the high-res details, I just ticked every option in the graphics box. I think there's one that says you have to have a 256MB graphics card or above and my 7900GTX comes with 512MB. I've also ticked the box for 'super fidelity replays' too, which seems to add more detail...

D.

Thats the GP circut with the melbourne loop.

And i spent alot of time learning how drift these things, its bloody hard........but actually easier than GTL.

I can run half a second faster in the MC12, and almost a second faster in the corvette!

And my replays are spot on, got it all working great, but when i paste the screen cap in paint and save it, it turns out crap.

172beast

For some reason I can't get this game to play at all, it just stutters as if my pc can't cope, even on lowest settings, my spec is:

Pentium D 2.66 clocked to 3ghz
1 gig ram
256 Nvidia graphics card

Now Half Life 2 I can run at hi res all day long at 30fps+ easy as I can on many other new games, but GTR2 just doens't seem to like my setup at all, gutting cos looks like a mint game!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like you've thrown down the gauntlet here Ben. I'll have a bash tomorrow after work - see how many minutes I am behind you! :) Full respect for getting the handle of the 'Vette. I just can't find the balance in that car at all. I take it that you're using a wheel to get times (and car handling) like that?

172beast - which model of nVidia gfx card have you got, m8? I've tried GTR2 on my older XP3200 system, with a 128MB 9800 Pro graphics card and 1.5GB RAM. Although I turn down a few of the eye-candy options, it runs and plays really smooth.

D.

172beast

Darren - its the FX 5200, 256meg jobby, I know it aint brilliant but surely if its up to the task of a graphic intense game like Half Life 2 it should be able to cope with GTR2, same on that other demo thats out based on GTR2, like the game doesn't fully recognise the graphics card or summit, might try updating the drivers.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren - its the FX 5200, 256meg jobby, I know it aint brilliant but surely if its up to the task of a graphic intense game like Half Life 2 it should be able to cope with GTR2, same on that other demo thats out based on GTR2, like the game doesn't fully recognise the graphics card or summit, might try updating the drivers.

It would be worth updating those nVidia drivers. Also, I'd install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c off Microsoft's website. Iirc, they released an updated set of drivers this month.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I can't get anywhere near that time Ben!

SaleenDonny.gif

Coppice is my weakness - I just can't get that right at all. If I chill out a bit more, maybe I'll shave off a few seconds. But your 1.26 will take some beating!

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Too right! ;)

The ironic thing was that my fastest lap was 'in traffic' - stuck behind a 911 BiTurbo. Following the lines of a computer controlled car clearly give me a better time than when I had an open track. :eek:

I'd be interested to know the times of people like Nik and Lee on this setup...

D.

well get them in! lol

Open up a new thread for GTR2 laptimes etc, i'll be in it all the time! haha

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
i can lap laguna seca quite quick but i'l be using a suzuki gsxr1000! i'll try in a second and post the time!

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
its a different game, tourist trophy on ps2, but its trickier than a car obviosly as your on 2 wheels, but i'll get a time for you to beat! lol
makes the challenge more fun.
(bearing in mind i have to slow down more for cornersetc and brake sooner!)

MY10 R35 GTR
Whats GTR2 like??????

Had GTR 1 and loved it. got humped online thought, found it v difficult to get a good setup and to use a joy pad.