ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTR2 - what are your laptimes at Donington?

Not done Donny Gp since my reinstall but have done some laps at Donny National.

RUM0473.gif

Dunno why I'm faster in a Beemer though. (All aids OFF).

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Must have some sort of Mod on the BMW, it's an impossibility to get that time in that car, IMHO.

must be...i could only drop down 0.2 a second on the saleens time with the 700bhp modded porsche!

I've figured it out, it was from an online event and it was what they call a warp lap. They've just deleted a load of time over at gtr2rank because of it.

So I've just ran it again only managed 1m07.345

RUM0475.gif

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a bash with the 'Vette - what a feckin' car! :) I liked the Saleen, but the 'Vette's superb....

Had a great battle with two of the CPU cars - another 'Vette and a Porker...

GTR2-DonnyVettePic3.jpg

GTR2-DonnyVettePic1.jpg

GTR2-DonnyVettePic2.jpg

GTR2-DonnyVettePic4.jpg

D.

R

rich[182]

Hi
You guys using keyboard, joypad/game controller or wheel ?
GTR2 looks very good, Anyone playing it that's experienced GT4 on the PS2, I've only ever played car racing stuff on PS2, use my PC purely for FPS

Reckon I'd like it if I like playing GT4

Cheers

yes, it rocks.

Physics is better than GT4 which is the only thing i played on PS2 really.

I use a gamepad like the ps2 controllers.

R

rich[182]

Mmmmmmmmmmm this could be my first venture into car racing on the good ol' PC, sure I've seen it somewhere for about £15 too ;)

Aye £17.99 @ Play and Amazon :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alt+Tab and have Paint open in the background m8. Paste it, save it and then onto the next! ;)

D.

I use Grabclipsave, its a little program that works when you press print screen, and it'll save it into a .bmp, .png or .jpeg file in the folder of you choice.

I've stuck it up for you if you're interested( sorry about the rapidshare link, best I could find after I forgot the PW for my own ftp space).

Rapid share link click on the free button; bottom right to get to the download

Oh, nearly forgot. Just done a few laps of Donny GP and managed a 1m26.796

RUM0478.gif

Last edited:
on ALL those corners i do the same thing lol.

redgate and coppice i dip into second whilst trail braking to the apex, this tightens the nose in, then i snick 3rd as i'm passing the apex and on the power. On Coppice i'm hitting 4th by the final ruble strip on the outside.

Old hairpin i brake quite early into 3rd, so otherwise you just go wide. entry speed right at the top of 3rd gear and basically on the limter throgh it, hit 4th just before you hit the ruble strip on the outside and 5th by the rublestrip on the kink up starkeys bridge.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Ah. That's probably one of my big chunks of time wasted right there.

Redgate I always take in 3rd and the Old Hairpin usually in 4th having down-changed and braking from a screaming 5th, down Craner. Sometimes I can make 6th very briefly down Craner, but I find the car(s) are really unsettled going into the Old Hairpin at that speed.

Coppice, Coppice, Coppice. What a fecker of a corner that is. Tighter on entry, then straightening up for the Dunlop Straight. I'd say one in every five attempts on that corner, do I get it 'right' - and always in 3rd gear.

I think what's clear from your comments Ben is that going in slow into the corner, then powering your way out is the better way of doing it. I'm entering the corners too quickly and loosing shedloads of time trying to rein the car back in, through the duration of the bend.

Back to the circuit, I go...... ;)

D.

yea, the problem on this game is they ploug on.

And its horrid in the porsches when you run low on fuel as you have no weight over the front end.

yup lol

But porsches are best around the ring as they are spongy and dont get thrown off by bumps.

i think we should do best ring times!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Have just downloaded and tried out the ring. Excellent fun, not too far off the real thing accuracy wise I didn't think. Some of the kerbs are too high though, bit of a nightmare in the Saleen! Going to try it in a GT3 RS now i think, i'll post a lap time later.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Where else can I download the Ring, no-grip doesn't seem to agree with me?

Cheers!

damn straight i will!!!

doing it now and will have a time up tonight.

lets go for ultimate fastest time :D........then fastest time in the exige lol

Megane Trophy
New Challenge for you all

Donnington National in the M3 - 1.06.48

Thats with stability help, low traction and anti lock

You guys need to download the motec data logger really makes it worth playing then, as you use the proper motec software as well!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
New Challenge for you all

Donnington National in the M3 - 1.06.48

Thats with stability help, low traction and anti lock

You guys need to download the motec data logger really makes it worth playing then, as you use the proper motec software as well!!

I would do m8 - but it doesn't like XP64 and I can't be arsed to find the solution on the net! ;). Good time that though brad - we'll have to see what Ben 'Opposite Lock Meister' R can pull out of the bag!

D.

I got beached in the Saleen round the ring trying to avoid a bloody Golf, Not had time to get a decent lap, maybe over the weekend.

RUM0527.gif