ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTT Conversion

Just wondering the cost and insurance on a conversion???

Oh and the kind of power (BHP) once the conversion is done??

Costs about £1.5k I think but you have to supply the bits and a complete car is the best place to start. and then sell whats left afterwards.

Power output depends on what you want to spend the stock is 120hp and with a few mods ie exhaust intake and messing with boost pressure 140 should be easy anough Id think.

Ask BRUN on there he has had his car converted and will know more though

535d / t5 caravelle

what kind of 1/4 mile times are these cars pulling?

should be good i would imagine?14s? less?

535d / t5 caravelle

what about the tweaked turbo lumps on here,have they done any decent times?

williams 2 turbo

if you need some details post me. just having major rebuild done but in standard form, beat every clio ive come up against.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Grey Devil Industries in Caxton, Cambridge did mine

Andy who runs the place is a top bloke and is regularly on this forum, if you want a GOOD job doing, with no bodging then hes your man

07010 716440 - Andy Cutler

my insurance stayed the same, and YES it is declared, i already had modified engine policy and the capacity of the car hasnt changed, so they said no change to policy cost

im with Liverpool Victoria, who also give excellent customer service

Brun, what spec is ya engine?

bhp/torque?

what charger ya using?

Soz to be nosey, but was pointed in ya direction as an example of GDI handy work.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Only places to go are GDI and Torsion Tuning.

I went to Torsion Tuning and they are very reasonable and offer a discount to Clio Sport members.

Although I know nothing about Andy I have seen the pics and the work looks tidy!

2002 Clio Dynamic

Only prob i have is gettin my clio and a 5turbo all the way down to England,then some how getting them back up the road!!! :(

Quote: Originally posted by WeeGad on 19 June 2004

Only prob i have is gettin my clio and a 5turbo all the way down to England,then some how getting them back up the road!!! :(
the AA maybe???

pretend you have broken down on the way. ;)just an idea

EP (Euro Parts) Motorsport are meant to be good too, Lowe from RSC had his done by them looks really good, even managed to keep the battery in the engine bay.

Quote: Originally posted by boyced on 22 June 2004

EP (Euro Parts) Motorsport are meant to be good too, Lowe from RSC had his done by them looks really good, even managed to keep the battery in the engine bay.
Yep, and the Clio dials.. and Box.. Heh.. Quite cool.

Give Jon at Torsion Tuning a ring mate hes very helpful and will answer all your questions!!

His number is over there....
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

They have just completed a willy conversion on my valver and they were the first company to put a 5GTT lump in a clio - as featured in Performance GTi!! :)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 22 June 2004
[/QUOTE]Yep, and the Clio dials.. and Box.. Heh.. Quite cool.

and the box has done over 170k!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by boyced on 22 June 2004

when you see how close that battery is to the Turbo, you might think again about wanting it still in the engine bay, a Turbo gets VERY VERY VERY hot

i mentioned keepin the battery in the bay to mailto:Andy@GDI">Andy@GDI, until he shown me how close it is to the turbo, i changed my mind !

Skoda Fabia vRS

oh an with regards to Torsion, they have had my mates 16v for over 6 months now doing his GTT conversion, awaiting some parts im told but there is no way on this earth i would wait 6 months+ for it to be completed, especially given the money he has spent/is spending (a very serious amount of cash!)

Thanks for all the replies - ive got loads of ideas for next year now!! Its just trying to decide which option to take!!!

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 22 June 2004

oh an with regards to Torsion, they have had my mates 16v for over 6 months now doing his GTT conversion, awaiting some parts im told but there is no way on this earth i would wait 6 months+ for it to be completed, especially given the money he has spent/is spending (a very serious amount of cash!)

its not the black valver in the corner by any chance! that guy is spending bucket loads!