ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTT transmission loss

Ok, seems it was more like 30%

Hes had his car on the rollers @ 106.8bhp @ TW and it worked out to 139bhp @ the Flywheel.

Also had 170.4lb/ft Torque

every car no matter if the model is the same is different. u can only get a rough figure unless u put ya own car on the rollers to know

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The losses are not just from the gearbox though, there are things like CV joints, wheel bearings, wheels & tyres, etc... that affect the power from the flywheel to what you actually get on the road.

Somewhere around 15% for a GTT will be about right.

Well my brothers had a fair bit of engine work done & I think 139bhp is quite modest. I would have though it was a bit more like 145-150bhp.

Anyway, with 106.8bhp @ TW,

15% Loss = 122.8bhp

Only 2.8bhp more than standard and this car is a a fair bit quicker than standard.

I do think 30% seems high but it does seem to make more sense than 15%

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

well when i took my 5 donor car up to RE it made 141 ATW he reckoned about 165-170 at the fly, which wasnt enough so i sold it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

There is a lot of debate about transmission losses and RR figures...

With 106.8bhp @ wheels, that is 125.65bhp @ fly with a 15% loss, which does sound low and I am wondering what size wheels & tyres he was running and if the tyre pressures were all correct?!

For the original figures of 106.8bhp @ wheels and 139bhp flywheel, that gives a transmission loss of 23% which is a little high, but believable, especially if hes running non standard wheels & tyres.