ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guild Wars 2 launches tomorrow for pre-purchase buyers

05 clio dynamique
Will anyone on here be playing it? I've been waiting 2 years for the damn game haha :)

Yaris Hybrid
Can't play this weekend so I decided to get it next week on the regular release day.

Played RIFT from the start and that went Ok with just small queues but looks like GW2 has some issues. It will settle down though.

Yaris Hybrid
I am a bit p*ssed off because this is £35.99 on places like Amazon and the Supermarkets online stores but if you want a digital download the GW2 website is still charging £50 for the pre order version.

This is BS because obviously the pre order version no longer benefits from beta access and a head start so you are effectively paying £15 for a crappy ring that I bet you replace at level 20 or something.

Couldn't be arsed to wait for an Amazon delivery (can't do next day as no one to sign for it) and I don't trust websites that just sell keys...

Has anyone seen the boxed copies in the supermarkets themselves like Sainsburys and Asda etc? Tempted to drive past on the way home tomorrow.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just order it from Game.co.uk, its like £32, get it sent to your work address or just go and pick it up when it arrives? First world problems.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah I used to get it sent to work then they outsourced our mail people to a company who decided to sack three quarters of the staff and we have been threatened with a disciplinary for getting personal mail delivered because they lack the resources to handle it.

Used to get so much delivered to work as our local post office closes their mail collection office at 2pm which screws anyone that isn't a dole scrounger. I mean 2pm, how ridiculous. If I was free during office hours I'd have sodding well signed for the thing when it arrived :mad:

So basically I gotta wait til Saturday morning when I can go up the post office. Or just get first class delivery and hope it is DVD sized and will go through the letter box.

Evo 5 RS
Hooooow much!

At least it's a one of payment I guess. I just don't want to pay for it and find it's as s**t as WoW.

Yaris Hybrid
They are taking the p*ss big time now mate.

I waited until today as I figured now the release is over they would remove the pre-release item and start selling the standard edition digital download at a similar price to the high street retailers.

NOPE!

They did change it to the standard edition but it is still £50 but without the ring and obviously no beta/headstart. So I ordered it from Amazon and will wait!

I don't think they are smart doing that as Warcraft released a new patch today with an expansion out in less than a month so they really need to get as many onboard as possible now. Most PC gamers nowadays don't like waiting for boxed products and expect a digital download...

Ok I can afford £15 more to get it now as a digital download but I keep thinking that I have been umming and ahhing about buying Counterstrike:GO but if I buy GW2 from Amazon I can basically get CS:GO for free and still have some change!

Fiesta ST
Well by the time you get it Toypop you'll get a smoother play time. The whole server was lagging badly yesterday and trading post is still down also WvWvW queues are a nightmare. Still a good game though lvl20 Ranger & lvl20 thief.

I'm holding off for now, the £50 pricetag is hilarious and with all these scamming/banning issues I'm hearing of it sounds s**t.

Once it's cheaper and all the stupid bugs are ironed out, maybe then I'll start playing!

Nissan 350z
Isnt it also Pay 2 Win? Some kind of ingame cash shop for necessary things like Character slots for your account :(

Fiesta ST
It's not P2W - most of the stuff you buy is just costume. you can't buy stats and you get 5 character slots with the game so if you want extra then yes you have to pay.

Fiesta ST
Nothing that can't be bought with gold in game (most the time)? There is stuff you can get that will speed up you're levelling if you wish but that's not P2W.

Yaris Hybrid
Well by the time you get it Toypop you'll get a smoother play time. The whole server was lagging badly yesterday and trading post is still down also WvWvW queues are a nightmare. Still a good game though lvl20 Ranger & lvl20 thief.

I've had it a few days now and I always seem to be in overflow areas. Bit s**t when you get the option to teleport back to normal zone and when you emerge you have like 5 mobs around you and they kill you within a few seconds!

I deliberately joined a high population server having learned my lesson from other MMORPG's - the population will fall over time (think the only game that didn't happen to was WoW?) and when it does you are better off on a full server as it will simply become "medium" rather than "ghost town"!

Finding GW2 a bit weird at the moment. It isn't drawing me in and getting me addicted in the same way that Warcraft and RIFT did. Can't fault the design though, it is a beautiful game and yeah fun to play but I seem to just be loading it up when I have a spare 30 mins instead of those other games where I almost got DVT from playing them obsessively.