ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guiness World Records for Clio Sports.

Would you participate in this? Even if there was a very small fee involved

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
There should be a LY r27 @ the front & rear

count me in whatever im rolling in at the time-

S

ITB BG 182
Its all touch and go at the moment.

Just to let people know i have asked the following questions.

We will be able to set it to one typical sort of clio, ie the 2.0 16v sport engines or if not can it be clio sport as long as it came from the Renault Sport factory in Dieppe and is on the v5 as a 'clio sport'.
Is it open to all ages of clio sport models or will you (they) restrict it?
If its restricted to one sort of model, could we do one for each group. (this one im hoping wont come to light as it will be 14+ diff groups of clio sports)

I have set the title to be "the largest group of Renault Clio sports on track in one session" just waiting to see if GWR will allow all types of cliosports an not care about it but allow it to go ahead.

Their email turn around is 12 weeks...

ITB BG 182
Spoken to some one on the phone today and i should know in the next 4 weeks. I applied for this shortly after the end of FCS 2010.

I have set the title to be "the largest group of Renault Clio sports on track in one session" just waiting to see if GWR will allow all types of cliosports an not care about it but allow it to go ahead.

It should be 'RenaultSport Clio' there's no such thing as a Clio Sport.

White clique
It should be 'RenaultSport Clio' there's no such thing as a Clio Sport.

there is, but they are VERY rare, 1.4 special edition, i know this really uninteresting fact as Tysen used to bang on about her clio sport all the time!

DSCF0005.jpg

So be careful OP or else you might not break the world record unless lots of 1.4s decide to show up.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
It does/did sound good, but i'm not sure if there's much chance of this happening now. Afaik this isn't going ahead.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
would have been a fantastic idea were it to go ahead,

and if F7R valvers were allowed :D

ITB BG 182
Right people, the long and short of it is I am now pulling out of doing this.
After reading all the paperwork, looking at all the costs and getting everything else in place.
It is alot of work for one person to arrange.
This needs to be done by a team of people that will be able to split the work and accept the responsibilty should anything go wrong.

I knew it would be hard but i did not think it would be this bad.

Anyone wishing to take over this, please do contact me and i will hand over any paperwork with anything official from GWR.

There is alot more too it as to why i am pulling out but from just this post but i wish not to advertise it incase anyone wishing to have a go is put off.

Sorry people for being the let down, all the best to anyone wishing to run this gauntlett.

Contact Admin. It might be feasible with contributions from the participants, that is ofc if the admin team would have time to organise this as well.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
John has already been in contact, long before this thread even started. I personally wouldn't have a lot of time to devote to this, I'm not sure on the rest of admin.
There are lots of factors to consider, the first being that Fcs organisers will already be planning everything now and this may not fit in well with the days events.

ITB BG 182
Yea, i have had alot of contact with Brian and also Mark&Co the FCS organisers.

Its bigger than just applying for a record then sending another email with rough details on what would be planned.

You have to tell them what safety cautions you will have in place, what and how many stewards will be there for setting the event up, what time of day it will happen, what equipment will also be in place to record the whole event from start to finish from several angles.

There are massive amounts of stuff to do, other than the list above some one would be needed to approve of all the cars on track that are classed as a renault sport originating from the dieppe factory, so no 1.4s would get in (Sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.