ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guiness World Records for Clio Sports.

Would you participate in this? Even if there was a very small fee involved

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  ITB BG 182
As some people may know with Dan Bayes parade last year at FCS we was also on about trying to make it in to the Guiness book of records with it aswell.
With one thing and another it fell through, GWR needed 16 weeks notification for it to have their officials there otherwise it would have cost near to £300 to get it recorded.

Well the time has come again, after i have had lenghty discussions with people from the Rockingham Raceway, FCS organisers, GWR and the loyal ClioSport.net admin, we are now looking at having this done for next year at FCS 2011. I have also got interest from Renault with the one i was planning last year and im sure i can also get the multi magazine coverage again.

Now the good and bad points, up to you which way you take it.
It will be limited to only Clio Sports so the 172's 182's 197's 200's and so forth are all welcome. Any reps wont be allowed as its a replica of a clio sport not an actual clio sport.
I dont know if this will include the williams people as i dont know if they are classed as clio williams sport?

Its also going to be multi forum base, this is just to open this up and allowed anyone from any forum with a cliosport to attend.
Limitation on track i hear you ask? There isnt one, ive been told i can have as many as i can find or fit on track as possible.

This is all looking to happen in the one hour break that FCS have about lunch time. But if needed i might arrange buying one hours track time and sharing it via everyone. So if it was £300 for the hour divide by 300 people its £1 each to get your name in this or it could be for free.

I will be talking to FCS people again soon to arrange parking near the track entrance for all those not going on stand just for easy access.

There is alot of work needed in this one, whoever i have wanted to break or well make a new record to go in the GWR for a long long time.

I hope you can all understand the above, ive asked Brian to add a poll to find out how many of you would be up for this.
Its going to be a slow and painful process for it to happen. But i have my fingers crossed.

ITB BG 182
Its been done for Fiat punto's its even been done for the orignal mini's.

I never even thought about all the people being negative on here just because they dont own a clio sport, Haters keep on hating.

White clique
^^ haha thats exactly what i thought!

I would have thought the appeal to the general public on this one is very limited, but if GWR want to cover it then why not. I doubt it will sell them more books though.

ITB BG 182
Most pointless record attempt ever tbf!
Means it can go with this lot then :-
the most chocolate bars eaten in 1 minute
most t-shirts worn in one time
most expensive pair of jeans (only one pair made)
the most matteress domino's.
the most coconuts broken in one time period.
To make the longest sandwich ever made. (1500mtr long)
Smurfing, the most people dressed as smurfs in one place.
the tallest stack of tubes from smarties.
The list goes on and on and ariston.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
So the record attempt would not only be an achievement to be awarded a place in the record books....but, a massive tribute to Dan Bayes.

If this is the general idea, its a fuckin good one.

ITB BG 182
So the record attempt would not only be an achievement to be awarded a place in the record books....but, a massive tribute to Dan Bayes.

If this is the general idea, its a f**kin good one.
The orignal idea was for FCS 2009 to dedicate it to Dan Bayes.
Would members like to still do it like this?
Please can we have less of the negative comments and more constructive please.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Ignore the grumpy bastids, its a good idea, and if the clio's are all there already why the fook not.

Good way to get the forums name out there too.

The amount of comments about FCS being the same as before and boring as f**k its just something else to do eh.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'd be up for it, if we could tribute it to Dan Bayes aswell that'd be even better. Get some stickers made up again for it etc and contribute sticker proceeds to charity like last time..

Bumder With A Buffer
Just make sure the stickers are spelt right this time.

Well when I say spelt right they was a "0" missing off the date that was all but it bugged the s**t out of me.

More poke than viagr
I think its a great idea, gets the club name out there and a great tribute to Dan :approve:

As i dont own a clio sport i wouldnt take part, but would be awesome to watch!

M135i
Would i be allowed to add my rep to the list as i have the engine aswell ???

Great idea and tribute to Dan Bayes

worth a shot :rasp:

alien green rs133
i feel left out, ill even put an rs badge on tbh.
i was on the original lap.

good luck non-the-less

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
All these answers about reps will be answered when GWR come back to me.
After talking to admin on here it will be any money raised going to the charity associated with dan bayes.
Yes the V6's will be allowed, after all it is a sport model and a clio.

ITB BG 182
Just to let people know, we are just waiting for the final letter from GWR to say it is all approved.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Serious question now,

but say if you have a rep with engine etc, why cant it be in? its not like GWR are going to check each and every car are they,

Status
Not open for further replies.