ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gumball 3000 2008

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Starts tomorrow from San Francisco :)

Shame Team Polizei aren't entering this year, guess it gives someone elsea chance of winning though ;)

This Audi R8 (As tested by Alex Roy aka Team Polizei) is f**king amazing tbh!

[YOUTUBE]TXIzsU3AtBs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Lost interest in this tbh. Sure I'll still watch the media captured by people doing it. But it's turned into a show off fest rather than a chance for regular people (albeit fairly well off people) to do a car rally and have some fun.

Lots of better alternatives available in Europe.

That car is pretty kitted out too! Have no idea what that thing on the road was, though I don't get why A.R said that he didn't know some of the things that were fitted were possible.. Maybe there was more?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Have no idea what that thing on the road was

Its an infra sonic pulse generator :clown:

Apparently it produces sound waves that we can’t really hear. However, these soundwaves trigger a part of the brain that makes us feel uneasy, scared, and gives us a false sense of security.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
His autobiography "The Driver" is well worth a read for any gumball fans or petrol heads in general

He done some proper crazy stuff in the past in cars.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yah compared to your average driver. When I met him in London I just thought it confirmed what I'd heard about him through friends that did earlier Gumballs.

Personally this is my favourite GB3k video.

Lonman = Legend. Sound lad too.

[youtube]FRE6lTl7So0[/youtube]

Quote of the video? "Maybe we should just let him go, before we die!"

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looking through Gumball videos on Youtube and came across this old gem.

[YOUTUBE]PsrVRE8eNYE[/YOUTUBE]

Same GT2 as above with Dado and Dustin from Teckademics in a rented Mondeo 1.8.. (With a GPS recorded top speed of 140mph:dead:.. Rental cars really are the fastest).

Though it's not really Gumball it was the Cannonball back in 02 or 03 I think.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I know what you mean, the Gumball staff aren't much different, bunch of tossers, they had a few decent people in 2004 apparently, but they left to do TV work..

But yeh, they did it in 2004 when it kicked off and became quite popular, over 150 cars did it that year (and it showed with multiple accidents). It was £10k so at £5k a person for a 2 man team, it wasn't completely unaffordable.

These days it's more like £40k so naturally eliminates anyone with a sense of worth imo.