ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gumball Rally Type Thing for Cancer Research UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Civic Vtec y0
WWW.DRIVE4LIFE.NET

Website will be up soon, thanks to LordH (y)

On-line entry form will be on there

Theres some major changes to the event, all will be shown on the website when its up! Whooooo lol

Billabong
i am game!!!! anything that involves driving LONG distances and raises money for charity can only be a good thing!

not trying to burst ya bubble but Mate of mine has been arranging a gumball rally for the summer i will try and get ya the day so it dont clash. he's been sorting out the legal stuff and the gumball bloke who ever he is is even getting involved with it now. he is trying to sort out the hire of northwild market @ the cost of about £30000 for the weekend. he recons that there will be about 10000+ places avalible for this rally and loads of prizes like get ya car pimped, cash prizes and loads of runner up stuff like head units and full systems. its aimed @ everyone not just the gary boys of this country but everyone. will be advertised after new year on vibe fm and will be in all the car mags. rally will be from northwild to newquay then back again the next day. think there is going to be a big market sort of things with loads of display stands.
also none of this has been confirmed and no dates have been given but if it does goes ahead then it should be a good weekend.
and if it dont then he aint gonna hear the end of it as its all he has been arranging for the last few months lol

if ya need any info on the legal side clio mk1 then let me know and he will probabley be able to tell ya how he sorted it. good luck with it it dont seem easy task he's giving up his job to sort it out.

Civic Vtec y0
It is being held in May, exact dates are on the website along with more info!

bsimmer3000, that sounds good but this one is just to raise money for charity and is not a race as thats when you have to get into the legal side of stuff! Which is really 2 much work for me! Im just wanting to get a good group of cars on a tour around the country! Ask your mate to get in touch with me and we can discuss ideas!

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
This sounds good, i'll defo be interested. I think i'll be hiring a diesel for a couple of days tho.

Civic Vtec y0
Antz182 said:
This sounds good, i'll defo be interested. I think i'll be hiring a diesel for a couple of days tho.

Take the 182! By the time you pay for the hire and then diesel it'll be cheaper! 1000 mile round trip, how much 4 petrol in a 182 4 that?

Civic Vtec y0
Harry_manback said:
is this officially a cliosport rally. or not?
Nope its just to raise money, although as I am a member the club will be getting big advertising!
Any car can enter tho

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
REALLY WANT TO DO THIS! obviously from Lands End to John O Groats though! how much would entry fee be, and how many people would be leaving from the lands end one? dont wanna go it alone, lol, as would get lost!!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
would a sign written car be allowed? reckon i could borrow a car from a local garage here, they would make a v.nice sized donation too, but would probably want their signwritten car to enter, is that allowed?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Clio_MK1 said:
Nope its just to raise money, although as I am a member the club will be getting big advertising!
Any car can enter tho

thats not what i ment really.
i mean are we allowed to use the CS name as part of the event or not??

Civic Vtec y0
Harry_manback said:
thats not what i ment really.
i mean are we allowed to use the CS name as part of the event or not??
I dont know? How do I go about asking?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
olihodgson said:
REALLY WANT TO DO THIS! obviously from Lands End to John O Groats though! how much would entry fee be, and how many people would be leaving from the lands end one? dont wanna go it alone, lol, as would get lost!!

What difference does it actually make which way you go?! If anything I'd want to start at the furtehr away point so that its not so far to get home afterwards when your knackered but hey ho I live in Scotland and will strat wherever the run starts from

Civic Vtec y0
Exactly, as we said before everyone still covers the same distance no matter where they start!

But becoz of the amount of work arrangeing 2 events there is now only going to be one, around the country!!!

Website will be up tonight or 2moro morning, just putting the finishing touches to it now!

Cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
aaahhh so more central and just a round trip then, mmmmmmm

Not sure its got quite the same ring to it but if it gets more people and tehrefore more money then its all good :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just noticed the date, same weekend as tehfrench car show, could this not be changed as that will affect how many people will do it im sure? Not wanting to whinge!

Civic Vtec y0
EvilJohn said:
Just noticed the date, same weekend as tehfrench car show, could this not be changed as that will affect how many people will do it im sure? Not wanting to whinge!
Mmmmm thats for ponting that out 2 me!

So therefore I have changed the run a little bit so that it will mean we can all stop off at the FCS, coz again I want to go as well! So it will be an early start on the saturday morning if you want to get to the FCS! I think by including a event like this makes the whole event better as people from the event can go on the 1/4 and stuff like that! and it will also drum up attention to the event!

Cheers

Ryan

Last edited:
sounds really good, definately liking the idea, entering as soon as i get paid, i think there will be alot more than 100 people intrested though, i think it will be closer to 250 by closing date.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
I'm abit shocked at the change in route,
what about people who dont own a french car are they all gooing to want to sit at the FCS all day?

172 Cup
If I might make a quick point.

As this is in aid of charity I can imagine alot of people will be looking for sponsorship.. Indeed the site encourages you to talk to local businesses with the possibility of placing stickers/logo's etc on the car.

As it's for an extremely good cause I was looking forward to 2 days of driving through the whole country while no doubt promoting the charity as we went. However I'm now unsure as to how willing potential sponsors will be upon finding out this is now effectively a 1 day run through Scotland with the second day spent at what in their eyes is a "Hot hatch meet"..

Billabong
i am guessing ou cant say too much but in the first day is it Liverpool to Scotland then an overnight stay or Liverpool - Scotland - Newcastle then an overnight stay? where in the UK is the FCS?

Civic Vtec y0
Well as 99% of the people on this forum have french cars I though that as you guys helped me a lot in making the event possile then its a way of making sure as many of you as possible can enter!

The event will run from liverpool to scotland then to newcastle in one day, then off from newcastle early on day two to the FCS and then back to Liverpool to finish.

People wanting to go the the FCS can leave early on day 2 to make it there on time but if you dont want to go then you leave later and just arrive at the checkpoint then set off right away for Liverpool. Stopping at the FCS is optional.

When you enter the event you will be sent a information park with sponsorship forms in it, these are offical and will be sent back to me after the event. I realise the site is a bit vague in detailing this and I will up date it now.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.