ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gurgling on startup! Head gasket? Water Pump?

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi guys
On my 03 plate Clio there is a gargling on startup and when revving at first coming from towards gear knob and heater! No massive coolant loss! A small amount over the past month maybe half an inch or 3/4. Remains of K Seal in the header tank, the usual mayo on oil filler cap that the D4F engine has and also I believe the radiator has been damaged before as the whole under tray piece that wraps around from bumper has been smashed along with one rad mounting! Any ideas as to whether it is the HG or Water Pump like I guessed?
Cheers
Jack

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I take it the coolant level is low to? Check for a leaking water pump first. I've personally never changed a HG on a D4F ever.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I take it the coolant level is low to? Check for a leaking water pump first. I've personally never changed a HG on a D4F ever.

No not particularly low it's lost an inch over about a thousand miles so from max to min pretty much!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the stat housing and water pump for leaks first then run a pressure test on the reservoir.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Check the stat housing and water pump for leaks first then run a pressure test on the reservoir.

Okay thanks I'll have a look this evening also the temperature gauge never rises above the middle so it's not overheating