ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gutted....... advice please

He may have to PROVE the MOT was a bodge job, even if he has no evidence of that it's still worth complaining to VOSA! The garage might be renowned for dodgy MOT's and have numerous complaints.. If anything it will be one step closer to having the garages licence removed.. Good luck mate, hope you got the car really cheap to help pay for the repairs :(

cheers mate, took the car for a retest this morning and failed on 18 things! spoke to the tester and he basically said the garage is in the s**t get vosa and they dont have a leg to stand on! as for the wheel found the problem the hub nut was loose and when we tried to tighten it the wheel wouldn't spin!! took the disc of and there's a spacer missing so basically they left this loose just so the wheel would spin! and this is with new discs and pads put on before the mot :) what a joke!

GJC

Peugeot 207 150THP
If you buy privately you have a few rights: (1) if the seller made a statement of fact about the vehicle which you relied on and it turned out to be untrue (for example, mileage). This is called a misrepresentation (2) If the vehicle does not match it's description (for example, the engine size) (3) if the vehicle was sold in a dangerous condition (this is a criminal offence).
Whilst your protection under the Sale of Goods Act is limited when you buy privately, you can always ask the seller to give some kind of warranty, for example, to agree to pay 50% of the cost of any major repair if a problem occurs with X months.
Hindsight is a great thing BUT I would not buy privately unless I had a mechanical check carried out!

Good luck proving anything. Unfortunately it's unlikely you'll get anything out of this. Not impossible of course, but basically I reckon you're just going to have to accept it as one of life's ways of f**king you over. As someone else said, personally I'd never buy a car privately.

BTW your dad needs to take a step back and think about what kind of parent he is. I wouldn't let my son buy a car without me helping him, and I'm not a mechanic. vent your frustration on your old man IMO. He failed you pretty hard.

Good luck proving anything. Unfortunately it's unlikely you'll get anything out of this. Not impossible of course, but basically I reckon you're just going to have to accept it as one of life's ways of f**king you over. As someone else said, personally I'd never buy a car privately.

BTW your dad needs to take a step back and think about what kind of parent he is. I wouldn't let my son buy a car without me helping him, and I'm not a mechanic. vent your frustration on your old man IMO. He failed you pretty hard.

don't worry i have the proof, receipts for what's been done for the "mot" and the fact its done 3days ago

as for the dad maybe you lot should stop sitting wrapping your sons up in bubble wrap!bit of life experiance i say it happens, i don't even ask my dad to come with me i've had a bout 30-40 cars i do have some knowledge but obviously not enough ha! and to trusting! i think failing is a bit harsh!! he sponsered me to race my gixxer this year and sorted all entrys and parts and work

182 ff
the bonnet catch should of been fixed had he had the car serviced recently by a reno garage ?? mine was sorted when i had a service done ,and i didnt even ask them , as for taking down the mot station errr i think thats you just being really pissed off.

Like people have said you did buy the car privately and well s**t happens

lesson learned .

Mondeo TDCI 130
Would be very suprised if you get anywhere with vosa, couple of years back my dad took his horsebox a class 7 to be tested as i couldnt do it, They jacked it up on the gearbox support and bent the f**k out of it.

Ws un drivable when collected, prop was all bent out of alignment, vosa didn't care, MOT station denied all knowledge.

Anyway, bad times, could be worse pal! :)

Edit : as for bonnet catches, i see 2 or 3 a week still seized.

Bad luck dude but unfortunately not alot you can do.

Id drive it though his house personally but that not gonna help really. You spoken to him ?? at least to tell him what a CUNning man he is

clio sport 182
all clios are known to have dodgy catches on the bonnet my bro had a 1.4 clio and the bonnet flew up in smashed the windscreen in when he was doing 80mph bud

275 Trophy
"If it happens again, I'm leaving
I'll pack up my things and go
If it happens again, they'll be no turning back
and I won't say I told you so"

IIRC

<runs off to check own bonnet catch after being a smart arse>

WHY did renault start putting the hinges on the back for the bonnet on my old one it wouldnt matter if the catch failed !!!

25 is too old to take your Dad to see a car?!

I'm 33 and I took my Dad to see my 182 before I bought it. Infact I went and picked him up from work on the way there.

Only ever bought one car without me Pa being there and that was a fuckin heap that caused me nowt but trouble. Lesson learned - Take yer Dad.

Black 172
I'm 25 and always take my dad with me too... even though he knows naff all about cars! Why?! He's a damn good haggler :)

I feel sorry for you OP but think your stuck with the bill for this.

MoT testers do fear Vosa... Vosa can be strict... but the garage getting points or a suspension from testing will not get you your money back :(

I'm 25 and always take my dad with me too... even though he knows naff all about cars! Why?! He's a damn good haggler :)

I feel sorry for you OP but think your stuck with the bill for this.

MoT testers do fear Vosa... Vosa can be strict... but the garage getting points or a suspension from testing will not get you your money back :(

haha! yeah they all seem to be! i did get some money of the kid afterwards and now i've calmed down all is ok :) got all the bits new bonnet and screen for under 200 now just waiting for the roof to be bashed about a bit then she'll be back

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
That's a b**ch, sorry to hear it though, must have s**t you up with the bonnet flying up on the motorway! Ignore the guy laying into you about your old man too, I personally would have taken my old man along, but I get the fact you didn't want to bother him as you're 25. I would most definitely complain about the MOT though, even if you don't get your money back, it'll teach the dodgy prick who did it a lesson an may even come back an bite the seller in the ass!

107 Track Car & C4
Sorry to hear the horrid story. The bonnet thing could be something to do with the dodgy catches that Renault recalled, but i'm pretty sure all of these got repaired when they went in for services (assuming the car was renault serviced).

Mine had full Renault service history when I bought it last year but when I phoned them up to check if the recall had been done or not, it hadn't. So there probably still some Clio's going round with the dodgy catch..

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Birchdown dude - is that why I've got copper grease all over my bonnet catch thing after doing my belts then!? wondered how that got there!!

Would be very suprised if you get anywhere with vosa, couple of years back my dad took his horsebox a class 7 to be tested as i couldnt do it, They jacked it up on the gearbox support and bent the f**k out of it.

Ws un drivable when collected, prop was all bent out of alignment, vosa didn't care, MOT station denied all knowledge.

Anyway, bad times, could be worse pal! :)

Edit : as for bonnet catches, i see 2 or 3 a week still seized.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've had the bonnet fly open at 70 down a back rd on an F reg ford orion! actually improved the looks.

Maybe best thing for you is to buy another and use this one as spares/break and sell? turinis go for about £400 (depending on cond), engine £400?

I bought a complete wreck 106 gti last year, i know how sickening it feels! chin up mate!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
don't worry i have the proof, receipts for what's been done for the "mot" and the fact its done 3days ago

as for the dad maybe you lot should stop sitting wrapping your sons up in bubble wrap!bit of life experiance i say it happens, i don't even ask my dad to come with me i've had a bout 30-40 cars i do have some knowledge but obviously not enough ha! and to trusting! i think failing is a bit harsh!! he sponsered me to race my gixxer this year and sorted all entrys and parts and work

You have had 30-40 cars!!! If you started to drive at 17 and your now 25 so 9 years of motoring.
You have had 2.7 cars per month the whole time you have held a licence!

pb ph2 172
You have had 30-40 cars!!! If you started to drive at 17 and your now 25 so 9 years of motoring.
You have had 2.7 cars per month the whole time you have held a licence!

that would mean if he had 2.7 cars a month over 9 years he wouldve had 291.6 cars