This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Yep hes supplying Valeo clutch, Glad hes local, And yeah i think its a fair price.
Yep they where supprised when i said a pothole did it, I think it was just unlucky and has nocked something, But while its out may aswell change it.
Ive had the bumper off to polish and remove old splitter and get it in good shape.. Does the bumper have to come off for the clutch to be changed? If so i may ring him and ask if he wants it left off..
I believe the stock valeo clutches are rated better than most aftermarket out there.
I think ill put the bumper back on... Unless its taken out during the standard clutch change routine? I think the subframe is dropped but that can be with the bumper on.
Bumper is back on, I didnt look before, the part that connects the bumper has a fold so the subframe can be dropped out with the bumper still on.. Happy days.
Should have a new clutch on tomorrow evening if all goes to plan fingers crossed. Being just under a week without a car has been rather boring.
Has been done now £295 all in, Gave £300 because he got it done for me tonight, Been for a drive. f**k me its amazing, Different car.. Was very stiff and high before, Is like butter now and bites low, He said it was very shagged.
Thought they where supposed to be hard clutches but after driving my mates with a new clutch his felt what mine does now.
Happy to be back on the road, Cheers for all the help.