ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted, sent it back.. black 182 paint..

dk

911 GTS Cab

sjtb, sorry to hear you arent happy, im sure they will sort it.

I got mine from lloyds and it came from sutton park coventry and it was perfect (well apart from a mkissing splitter!)

Sounds like you just got unlucky.

Quote: Originally posted by rich172 on 01 March 2005

Id def reject it on principle & tell them to stick it up their arse, Nothing other than a full replacement from France would do, No respray or polishing bollox either
If they dont co-operate get a solicitor and then go to another dealer mate for another one and tell them up front youll take no sh*t
^^problem being they will just wash it again and scratch it again (some 16 year old with a sponge that hes been using for 6 months), i wouldnt have my dealer clean my car from new, or even remove that crap thats on it from new, i prefer to drive it home and do it myself

i wouldnt accecpt it you not pay your hard earned money for you not to be 100% happy with it, plus if you accept it you will allways worry bout it like will they come back/ worse. imo dave

when i took delivery of mine i asked them not to prep it at all, and not fix the plates, rather do it myself than some monkey on minimum wage who doesnt give a sh*t

Rejecting it guys - Sutton park (dealer) denying the damage (as you can imagine.. ). I told them that *if* I am happy with any repair they do, then I want £500 back as compensation or a new car. They arent interested so Lloyds are recommending I reject it and start again.

GUTTED - another 6-8 weeks to wait.

Theory is the delivery driver did it with some grotty brush at a carwash before arriving at mine.

But whos going to admit to that one eh..

Si. (In an L reg renault 5 shortly) :-(

ClioSport 182

When I picked up my black 182 from new it had just come out of the Renault on-site car wash ... I had forgotten to tell them. Arghhh!!

As luck would had it there are only very slight swirl marks which can be seen only under direct strong sunlight. Other than that no problems. I have been regularly washing/waxing for 8 months now.

Id take it back and tell em whats what. Reject it. Dont let the sods get away with it as they will continue ...

KnightAzul

swhat Im doing.. hit them where it hurts then theyll learn.. and where it "hurts" is their dumbass pockets.

FCKING GUTTED.

Si.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

You made the right choice, I would have rejected it too.

They should put signs up saying Vans only at jetwashes that have that awfull foam brush. I sometimes see office types in their brand new bmw, audi etc using the jetwash brushes, they are probably thinking to themselves "boy this car is going to look good after this".

106 GTi

Gutted to hear that your going to have to wait even longer now. Dont blame you tho, would have done the same, you pays your money so you deserve a car thats right.

Sorry to hear that Si, but I think youve made the right decision to reject it. I mean, its a lot of money to spend on a brand new car - youd expect the car to perfect when it arrives. If its not then either a damn big discount off it, or an alternative is really the only solution. Youd never be happy with the car by starting off this way anyway!

Ive owned a black car in the past and Ill never own one again - it just showed up every single bloody defect in the paint (of which there were a lot of - it was a Fiat...). Yeah, black looks good when sparkling, but its a bugger of a colour to maintain IMO. I was even aprehensive getting my 172 (monaco blue) cos I thought it might be hard to maintain too, but it seeems to be OK.

Good luck with it :)

so you getting a new car then? you should request money of the second one anyway seeing as you have to wait longer..

aye, should i spec recaros now lol, or do you still have to put up with some stupid bench in the back?

Si.