ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gutted....what do I do????

Family Bus
Have just gone over a massive pot hole (not particularly slowly either) and straight away thought I'd focked the tracking, pulled over and saw tyre flat, went to garage to check pressure and as putting air in could hear it coming straight out.

not sure if its come off the rim or if the alloys sliced through the tyre but have had to crawl all way home....

best bit about it, only had the car 6 weeks and went to change tyre to spare and can't find locking wheel nut key.... is a tsw alloy, any ideas what i should do next?? Gonna take it to a garage tmr if ones open but without the key i think i'm focked!!!
:(

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
i did same thing a few months ago in a pot hole ripped a hugh hole in the tyre wall, and bent the rim abit.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Locking nut could be in spare wheel? or when u got car did u get a box with some wheel nuts in?

If it was a pothole actually in the road (ie not futher out than the solid white line), then you can probably claim the cost of repairs from the council

gem if you dont have any joy ive always got some spare alloys in the unit to get you out the shite......

they shouldnt have any trouble getting it off tho, all wheels places have master keys for locking nuts

Family Bus
cheers guys...sorted finally...took it to an alloy specalist this morning, they've dealt with it for me. Got some new locking nuts too, and they showed me the tyre....had a nice rip in it!

Oh well its done now and am 80 quid poorer! Hey ho!! :)

172 MKII FF
Get your local authority to pay for the damage, takes some photo's of the pot-hole, record the time you did it and take photo's of the damage to your car.

clio sport 172
HEY - WAS IT YOU I WAS TALKING TO AT AP TYRES THIS MORNING - GLAD YOU GOT IT SORTED - IM STILL LOOKING FOR MY CENTRE CAP

HOPE U DRIED OUT

SAM
X

Family Bus
had to drive the blooming thing at about 2mph all the way to the garage, as being a sunday not many places open and no one could come to me, and had to get it sorted!!
Mr garage man showed me the inner of the tyre when he'd took it off and it was full of rubber shrapnel from where i'd run on it! oops! :S
Didnt have much choice tho!!!

AND YEP!!! that was me soaking wet at tyre shop sam!! was nice to meet ya..bet you thought i was a proper loony legging over to you like that! hahaha! :)

H22A7 Accord Type R
ahhh..........this thread lol! Ah well, glad you got it sorted miss! ;) i withdraw my comments about putting the spare on now :p

Silver 172
Hey Blondie, this happened to me recently but the front strut was also bent so get it looked at properly. If the road was not not signed as having potholes then as previously suggested take a picture and send it with the bill to the council. They will pay if you keep the pressure on, believe me.

Pot holes are murder, theres a gash in the road about 3 foot by 2 foot and aboot 4 inches deep, drove my mums fez to the shop and hit it, bubbled the tyre, sheer gutted, had to pay for it and my mot was due the next week.