ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H’Free Phone Kit Install

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member

Anyone installed a handsfree car kit in their 172 Mk1? I need to know how to interface the kit with the standard head unit (single cd) to enable the phone to "pause" the radio when it rings.

I pulled out the head unit expecting to find a "phone mute" wire ala sony head units but to no avail. I then thought Id hook up the phone kit to the column mounted mute button but could not find this either.

anyone?

Regards,

Matt

i got one fitted the other week.

admittedly, i have the original renault head unit still BUT

the bloke who fitted it bought me some monstrous wiring loom thing that connects the phone to the headunit to the in dash display and pauses everything for you when you make or receive a call.....

i can tell you (not now as am at work and paperwork is at home) the part number etc / the name of the co. we got the stuff from if you are interested.

in my previous car (vr6) i had a sony headunit and the same kit but the installer that time used a little box / relay thing thats the size of a lighter and it did the muting.. didnt pause.. just muted...

just re-read what you wrote and duh.. you too have renault head unit.. .so.. u may well want the wiring i got then..

and the mounting bracket that goes in the airvent....

let me know

Will

Matt205

ClioSport Club Member

Ill ignore the "thats what you get for buying Sony" comment from ClioJohn escpecially considering Im using the standard Renault unit.;)

Thanks VR6man any info would be most appreciated. I actually fabricated a mount that sits beside the console and required no holes to be drilled in the console or dash so that problem was solved.

Regards,
Matt205

ok

ill find it this evening as i kinda missed your 3:40 in the morning response so dont have the info on me now !!!

i will get it this evening....

one thing that did come up when the guy fitted it;

the front speakers muted fine straight away but the rears, we had to go through the loom trying different wires before we found the one relevant to the rear speakers !!! without a wiring diagram for the renault head unit, it was tricky...

oh yes.. fitting the head unit back in with this new / extra loom behind it was a NIGHTMARE....its quite a chunky loom and keeps getting in the way.. took about an hour to get the head unit back in again !!!

http://www.dashmount.co.ukwww.dashmount.co.uk

Radio Mute REN/PEUG/FIAT/CIT 45MUTERPFC NOT PEUGEOT 406 4/99>

is what it says on the invoice £36 + VAT

this is the loom with all the bits required...

obviously, car kit and aerial of some sort is separate..

havent looked at the site so dont know if any good

hope this helps

Will