ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R drivers !?!? Help me please

RS RIP
I just fitted the set !:lolup:

left the front the way they came set up out of the box (ride height). when they settle should be low enough i think ?

Also bought the camberbolts.

I found that adjusting camber is quite difficult... I just wanted to keep it a bit neutral so that i'll be able to drive around a couple o days to let it sink/settle in before definate tracking+camber set-up done by the pro's.

did'nt manage this ; camber was stupidly negative when done... what did i do wrong ;

How do these camberbolts work ? I put them on the oval holes ; the top ones on the shock. I dont get how you can adjust camber with so very little space left when the wheels are on..

anybody with the same setup can help ??

(cannot search on H&R for some reason )

RS RIP
yes these did peperami

the bolts are to be ordered optionally.

I've read of some guys on here with the camberbolt setup running quite serious negative camber, but cannot search and my short-term memory seems to be fucked

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
I had a set and they had two normal holes, and my mate had a set and they were the same. Had to get the holes enlarged to alter the camber.

Have not seen anyone run more than 2' neg on a standard set of H&R's?

Got ledas on now and they have adjustable camber and oval holes as standard, right up to 3.5'.

Last edited:
The ones I sold had an elongated hole for small camber adjustment.

Not sure on my current ones, not until I take them off anyhow!

Weeman sucks ****
H&R's for 172's do have elongated holes. There's no need for camber bolts. I was able to get enough negative camber without it being stupid on the road.

btw, if the standard setting out of the box is the same on all kits then you'll have to raise them soon. Mine hit the floor once bedded in. Find a pic of Dansta's cup, he hasn't bothered adjusting them, lol.

Some H and R's have the slotted holes others don't just the way it is.

From memory its the earlier ones which have the slotted hole.

178hp 172 Cup
i orederd camber bolts with my H&R's!! they are extra!!! Mark Fish set mine up and its ace!!

the standard set up from H&R is around 50mm drop i think!! way too low if u wanna drive the car proper

RS RIP
thanks guys ; i know the bolts are extra, mounted them already.. Thing is, when having the oval holes (top ones) it is already possible setting camber WITHOUT the camberbolts, you can adjust by using the regular bolts....

Believe me , we were looking at it for 15 minutes trying to find out how the bolts are functional with the oval holes on the shock.... With regular bolts you would have already come to almost 3 degree negative. i Dont see why i had to purchase the bolts when this was already possible on regular bolts :( :S

I've emailed Mark Fish but i think he's not answering because this kind of problem is how he makes a living so no free advise for me ... which is okay btw...

I'm going to discuss this with my tyre fitter and see what he has to say; maybe give H&R a call....

Weeman sucks ****
as said before, you cas gain enough negative camber without the bolts but you will need the instruments to get it right. once done mark them and they'll always go back the same way. that's what i've done and they've been off the car a few times since and it's fine.

RS RIP
Chris , what camber are you running to which toe-in/out ?

I'm thinking of going 1 degree negative camber with 1 degree toe in.
Really liked 1 degree toe-in on the original setup... dont know about camber settings yet though . Only what i've read on here about 1 degree negative being enough for road use.

Weeman sucks ****
It was originally setup with 1.3 negative, I wouldn't want to go anymore. At high speeds it feels really light at the front anyway.

Not sure on the toe in but i did get a full and thorough alignment check not so long ago, this showed how far out it was! Needed a blow torch to get the track rods moving, lol.

Remsport :D

RS RIP
It was originally setup with 1.3 negative, I wouldn't want to go anymore. At high speeds it feels really light at the front anyway.

Not sure on the toe in but i did get a full and thorough alignment check not so long ago, this showed how far out it was! Needed a blow torch to get the track rods moving, lol.

Remsport :D

Remmen is deel van de sport :cool:

check your read out ; it's interesting how much different a drive the car is with toe-out or toe-in ! Just 1 degree difference in or out ; massive change !

Maybe i'll also go 1.3 neg on camber as i've got 0.6 now ; not very noticable..

almost forgot ;How long before the car has settled/lowered to it's definate rideheight (when mounted brand new)?

Weeman sucks ****
difficult to say really, more than the typical 200 miles you hear i reckon.

i'll get everything checked up again soon, probably before my next ring trip as early as possible next year.

take the camber adjusting bolts out, u don't need them
max camber (standard bolt, elongated hole) is -2.5'

1'deg toe in is way way too much
I would suggest 0'toe +/-10''min, whichever u prefer

My street setup is 12''min toe out with min camber front
Race setup 10''toe out, max camber

RS RIP
take the camber adjusting bolts out, u don't need them
max camber (standard bolt, elongated hole) is -2.5'

1'deg toe in is way way too much
I would suggest 0'toe +/-10''min, whichever u prefer

My street setup is 12''min toe out with min camber front
Race setup 10''toe out, max camber

thanks a million !
this is exactly what i was thinking because when i looked at the slotted holes and then tried to imagine it working with camberbolts i could not see how and directly knew i would'nt be needing them at all !!! Regular bolts work just as well . Want to get my 50 euros back because they told me i was going to need them to set up camber at all

And yes there are two kinds being sold, one with and one without slotted holes.
For the one with round holes you'll be needing camberbolts!

Oh yes , i meant 0,02 'min toe-out , this is what the printout said

Funny enough ; i really like a bit of toe in just for the stability on very fast straights ...
You like it toe-out for the curves

my last setup i had 0,015'min (pretty little) toe-in and loved it !

Last edited:
  RS RIP
trippleC_verwendung.gif

these are the bolts..... when imagining the top hole slotted (oval)..... ; the bolt is useless then indeed (although you'll be able to run a silly 5degree negative camber)