ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R or Bilstien coilovers?

Inferno 182 FF
I have a 182 with both cup packs and am looking to buy coilovers soon. I cant afford AST's ( £1500) so was wondering if H&R and Bilstien are any good? Also where to get them from?!

Thanks

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Both good. I liked h&r, not tried the billies but iirc they are slightly stiffer than the h&r. What are they for, track, slammming etc?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
As Warren said, depends on driving.

I found my H&R's way too soft on the front, and way too hard on the rear.
Reading about the Bilsteins seem the proper ones to go for over any set-upbut I havent used them.

Inferno 182 FF
I want to start doing track driving, so i would say mainly for road use with a few track sessions a year. What are prices of said coilovers? Very confusing trying to find ones that fit Cupped 182. lots of numbers involving hub diameters or something!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Too hard on the rear?? The only complaint I've heard if them is being too soft on the rear, iirc burp did everything he could to get them firmer.
IMO you'd be mad to purchase without trying a car with them on 1st. Such a personal thing.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Mine were so crashy/stiff/skippy on the car on the rear, but so much dive on the front. They shouldnt have been fooked either, were 4 months old when i bought them with apparently 4-5k miles use on them.

Agree though, get a feel of each set-up as they suit completely different driving styles, the AST's could be driven a lot more aggresively, whereas the H&R's needed a bit more ocncentration on the rear end for me.

ITB'd 182...
Can only coment on H&R's

I love them, Soft enough for the Welsh B-roads bumps ETC but stiff enough for track IMO....

Gaz are also good, If a little stiff on the B-roads

Inferno 182 FF
Can i just order them off the internet as a complete kit or will i need other things to go with them? H&Rs this is?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
H&R's will need camber correction bolts really, and while your at it go for some solid top mounts for the front.

Although if you go for AST adjustable top mounts, I think they have enough camber adjustment for you to forget about the camber bolts, best to ring Curtis up at Powerstation.