ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a bump today:(

renault clio cup 172
Well i was driving along a straight road behind a fiesta zetec wen all of a sudden i seen smoke and brake lights... I tried braking as hard as i could dropping gears but jus bumped into the back of her:(
i jumped out shouting wen the girl jumped out very apologetic claiming her brakes locked for no apparant reason:)
anyways cut to the chase i need a new bonnet and possibly a front bumper..
Any1 selling them?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You jumped out, shouting when you crashed into the back of her, because you where driving to close?

Edit, just noticed was a cup, was lack of ABS then.

renault clio cup 172
Its blue not dark blue not sure of the name.
She was about 20 year old and i wasnt close i was simply driving along a straight road with no junctions or anythin then got caught by surprise:(

M2 Competition
You jumped out, shouting when you crashed into the back of her, because you where driving to close?

Edit, just noticed was a cup, was lack of ABS then.

Abs wouldnt have made any difference to the accident. Unless he could have swerved out of her way whilst braking.

I stick with your first answer, crashed into the back of her.

Not paying attention, or too close? Either way its your liability.

Tav

Clio 197
Brakes locked for no reason...they ain't going to lock unless she pressed the brake pedal...

Its blue not dark blue not sure of the name.
She was about 20 year old and i wasnt close i was simply driving along a straight road with no junctions or anythin then got caught by surprise:(

If its a 172 cup, then I think it will be called Mondial Blue, the darker blue is Monaco blue

renault clio cup 172
Well stupid her admitted her brakes locked up to the police so its gonna confuse things. I hav witnesses with me in my car and she was herself so iam
gonna fight it..

M2 Competition
The witnesses in your car wont count for much, they were with you. Usually when you bump into the back of someone, its your liability fella.

Even if she'd emergency braked you should have been able to do the same without hitting her.

I guess you'll have to see how the cookie crumbles!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Try and avoid an insurance job at all cost mate!

If they find out you crashed into the back of you you'll instantly be blamed and have to pay for her damage too (even if she said her brakes locked up)!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Bad news matey. Doesn't sound to bad though which is good.

As above with insurance. They'd just say you were obviously to close. If you were the right distance away it would have included reaction and stopping time. What was her car like? Might be worth calling and saying about insurance etc. Blag her and give it a good polish up and hope she doesn't click that it could have more damage behind the bumper.

EP3 Civic Type R
As above.... a rear end shunt is usually always the 'fault' of the person behind (regardless of situation) due to the fact you should allow sufficient braking distance for any eventuallity....

As for the lack of ABS argument- *Sigh*

M2 Competition
As above.... a rear end shunt is usually always the 'fault' of the person behind (regardless of situation) due to the fact you should allow sufficient braking distance for any eventuallity....

As for the lack of ABS argument- *Sigh*

Knowsit fella.

renault clio cup 172
Well her car is a right off cos the back looks fine but her boot floor is crumpled and she knows that:( well she doesn want her car wrote off so hope she decides to leave it.
As for the bonnet any1 got a mondial blue bonnet for sale

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Well her car is a right off cos the back looks fine but her boot floor is crumpled and she knows that:( well she doesn want her car wrote off so hope she decides to leave it.
As for the bonnet any1 got a mondial blue bonnet for sale

To be fair if she left that she'd be stupid. Sure your be hearing from the insurance company now.

s**t luck mate. Sure nothing under the bonnet has had a knock?

renault clio cup 172
Yeh was only doin about 5 mph wen i eventually hit her... Had to drive it tonight and everything seems fine.

172 cup
gtistevo, man up and take responsibilty for your actions, if you weren't following her and she had the same problem nobody would have hit her, you even admit to hitting her in your last post, while driving you need to be aware of things going wrong out of other peoples control and therefore you need to adjust your driving to suit, especially with a 172 cup, 2 second rule advised go 3 or 4 seconds any problems infront you'll have plenty of time to react and not slam into the back of someone else

put it this way if a kid had run out infront of her and she would have emergency braked you've proved you wouldn't have stopped in time

Well stupid her admitted her brakes locked up to the police so its gonna confuse things. I hav witnesses with me in my car and she was herself so iam
gonna fight it..

Your an idiot. Clearly your fault. People like you, is what is wrong with england today.

Yeah, it is your fault I'm afraid, you were either too close or going too fast. Even if her brakes locked up, you still hit her.

Unlucky! I had a similar incident when I had my 182

Clio Dynamique
You should admit to it and then she can have her car sorted aswell as you getting yours done. Why should she have to drive a damaged car because you were driving too close. :nono:

renault clio cup 172
Funny how you all assume i was too close. She braked far to quickly for me to stop in time abs or not. I understand thats what u think but id like to see yous all react as fast and avoid it. And iam from scotland not england !

M2 Competition
Funny how you all assume i was too close. She braked far to quickly for me to stop in time abs or not. I understand thats what u think but id like to see yous all react as fast and avoid it. And iam from scotland not england !

Lol! You're still not getting it...

Lots of people do it, but in a rear impact if you couldnt stop in time regardless of how hard shes braked, you were either too close, or not paying attention.

And braking in this situation has nothing to do with abs!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Self Ownage TBH.

Civic Vtec y0

If you were at the correct distance tho then you would of had time to stop behind her so again its your fault mate, sorry to tell you.

I would take you to the cleaners for insurance money if you jumped out shoutin at me when you hit into me tbh. There is no question of liability when it is a rear end shunt

Motorbikes
Agree with everyone else really, if you can't stop quick enough behind someone regardless of how quick they stop then you're too close, regardless of the situation.

No one on here has never driven close to anyone? I can see his point on a straight road slowing suddenly for no reason but yes if she does decide to take it further I feel you will be made responsible.

Clio Dynamique

Lol, still to close :nono:

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
Abs wouldnt have made any difference to the accident. Unless he could have swerved out of her way whilst braking.

I stick with your first answer, crashed into the back of her.

Not paying attention, or too close? Either way its your liability.

abs would of helped mate it shortens braking distances, but the point is u were probs to close mate.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
No one on here has never driven close to anyone? I can see his point on a straight road slowing suddenly for no reason but yes if she does decide to take it further I feel you will be made responsible.

Nobody is saying they don't, but if I did do it I would not be blaming the other person.

Clio Sport 172 Mk2 Ph2
srry to quote highway code but doesnt it state always drive to the conditions and be able to stop in the distance u can see to be clear.