ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a Fright

Started her up this morning and pulled away on my way to work. My road is on a decline hill and as i came to the junction at the bottom i started to stop. Foot on break pedal - nothing, sh*t! - press harder, starts to slow , really press hard and i eventually stop - after that it was fine. This worries me for obvious reasons - any thoughts?

it wasnt when i looked into the mirror actually that was quite a pleasureable sight. it was when i took my boxers off wasnt good :(

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Could it be that the brakes were just cold ? When i brake for the first time in the moring they are sh*t the after a few brakes they are pin sharp.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

lol, at first glance i didnt see the "r" in Fright.

so i thaught u had a fight

:oops:

My brakes when through a phase that when it was damp or had been raining, i had exactly the same problem.

Basically what it boiled down to was teh brakes going through a phase where they would corrode alot, and it was just teh corrosion wearing off, after about a month of this it stopped, and all is fine again :confused:

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by toms123 on 07 May 2004

Started her up this morning and pulled away on my way to work. My road is on a decline hill and as i came to the junction at the bottom i started to stop. Foot on break pedal - nothing, sh*t! - press harder, starts to slow , really press hard and i eventually stop - after that it was fine. This worries me for obvious reasons - any thoughts?
was it wet? eg-water on the disc surface

big red bus

Quote: Originally posted by Clio16vSport on 07 May 2004

lol, at first glance i didnt see the "r" in Fright.

so i thaught u had a fight

:oops:

:mad: Thats wot happend to me aswell :oops: