ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had An Accident! And Now My Insurance Has Fecked Up!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello guys and girls!

Had an accident about 3 weeks ago (which wasnt my fault btw!)... whole front side of my car was smashed in... not so far that it went in to the radiator though. Anyways, called the insurance company (More Than) to make the claim. It went through to a call centre in India.

Now, I have no problems with call centres in India, but for an INSURANCE CLAIMS department, this is a friggin' joke! I mean, she had no idea what the hell I was talking about, didnt listen when I was telling her I had an injury and just did not have a clue!! What kind of service is this!?

Anyways, I told her that my car is on finance, and that it must be repaired by a Renault Approved workshop. She agreed and authorised for my Clio to be picked up by a company called AutoTech.

They came, collected it and gave me a car...a bright red Ford Ka; no central locking, no electric windows, no CD player (just a tape deck) and with a dent on the side which hadnt been repaired properly.

I kept their crappy car and kept shut, just so I'm no bother and so they do a good job on my car. Went to get my car back today and paid the £400 excess. Noticed that there was something...'not right'... anyways, came home and took a better look at it...

THEY HAVE PUT ON THE WRONG BUMPER!

My car is a '56' plate, it is the shape of the mkII and not the 'updated' mkII campus Sport. By the looks of it, they have used the 'updated' campus sport bumper!

Can they do this!? Why wasnt I told? Did they just not notice???? Oh and they have used a standard plain numberplate on the front, also to save on costs I expect.

When they came to collect my car from me before the repairs, I asked the driver if they were Renault Approved. He also said 'yes', but when I went there today they had all the other manufacturers logo's, but not Renault.

I am P!ssed off, called More Than and spoke to India again! She said they will call me back on Monday.

Why oh why do I have such bad luck!!! Do you think they will change the bumper over for the correct one?? They have to right? They have also changed the front headlights (look fine), and the bonnet (also looks okay). The front fogs have been moved to fit the new bumper... not a good fit though!! The fog position on the new bumper is much wider apart!! Arghh!!!

Does anybody know what I can do about this or am I just screwed?? :cry:

Clio 200
under the terms and conditions of the policy you are entitled to be indemnified for your losses. I.e put in the same position you were before the accident.

so yes.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
IT would be usefull if you had a picture of your car as it was before the crash, the repare company HAVE GOT TO return it as it was the way before.

If they refuse the ombudsman and a lawyers letter should suffice ;-)

Clio 200
under the terms and conditions of the policy you are entitled to be indemnified for your losses. I.e put in the same position you were before the accident.

so yes.

"so yes" I am screwed?

no your entitled to have the car back the way it was before they hit you.

the terms and conditions of the policy say that they will indemnify you and any financial losses in the event of an accident.

as danny says the Insurance MUST return the car back to the way it was.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
yeh if it is not your fault why are you telling your insurance company the other persons should be paying. Thats out of order for them to give you a campus bumper they are ugly! keep us posted on how you get on.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If ever involved in a non fault accident, I'd always go through an accident management company. Make sure you get an equivalent car, handle everything for you.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Wow, thats some great advice.

I have plenty of pics of the way my car was before. They have even used a cheap number plate on the front, not the one that says GB!

Anyways, the reason I had to pay my excess etc was because the other guy is claiming that the accident was my fault. He clearly went through a red light right in to my path and I hit him, I did not go through a red light, and my passenger also knows that!!

Thanks for the help and I will update soon!! I will also try to put up pics of how my car was before and after.

Cheers folks!

Clio 200
accident managment companies FTFW!

How much do they usually charge?

free to yourself if they are certain that they are going to win the case.

The charges to the insurance companys are unreal though.

Hire car costs are 2 to 3 x the amount that enterprise would charge an insurance company.

If the insurance company doesnt pay the bill within 28 days they get hit with a £2000 charge, same again on 56 days they can charge up to the total of 8k on a claim.

not that the insurance company side will make much difference to yourself, but just an idea of there costs anyway

Megane Mk4
... the other guy is claiming that the accident was my fault. He clearly went through a red light right in to my path and I hit him, I did not go through a red light, and my passenger also knows that!!
Can't use that, insurance never use passengers of vehicles for statements, they always use independant witnesses as your passenger could in effect lie to cover you and vice versa..

But to answer your question, the insurance have an obligation to replace like for like in the event of a motor accident. But I would support you claim with recent photo's of said car if you have them ;)

Honda. Tesla Someday
... the other guy is claiming that the accident was my fault. He clearly went through a red light right in to my path and I hit him, I did not go through a red light, and my passenger also knows that!!
Can't use that, insurance never use passengers of vehicles for statements, they always use independant witnesses as your passenger could in effect lie to cover you and vice versa..

But to answer your question, the insurance have an obligation to replace like for like in the event of a motor accident. But I would support you claim with recent photo's of said car if you have them ;)

Yeah, they already told me I can't use my passenger as a witness :(

I do have images of my car before the accident, so I will be using them :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
just get some one you know to say they was walking along the side of the road and saw it! theres your witness! and i dont think this is out of ourder or wrong because if you know it isnt your fault you shouldn't have to pay for some other drivers being idiots!

just get some one you know to say they was walking along the side of the road and saw it! theres your witness! and i dont think this is out of ourder or wrong because if you know it isnt your fault you shouldn't have to pay for some other drivers being idiots!
I wouldn't go with that idea tbh.

Clio 200

it isnt your decision to decide whos at fault here, its the insurance companys, and going by what hes said its not going to take much for them to work that out.

and what you have said above could probably be classed as fraud, and am sure you would love it if someone done that against you

and if it gets found out that he did lie in the claim theres a chance they wont pay out really not worth the hassle eh

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
this looks like a 50 / 50 case mate, your word v his and if its settled that way your f*cked

Honda. Tesla Someday
Nope, no police involved. I wish I had called them looking back on it! :(

Hmmm... I dunno anymore, I guess it will go whichever way its going to go. Seeing as there is no way to 'prove' my story, or for him to prove his, it looks like it will go 50/50, which means I am f*cked and that I won't get my £400 back and that I will lose my 2 years no claims.

Good old sh*tty justice.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Sadly it looks like its going to be a 50/50 claim.... f*Cked i know.

But regarding the car bit, find out More thans postal Address in England...

State Everything that happened,
Accident
Injurys
The phone call to india
Car being collected
Car being picked up
Incorrect parts being used

Make sure you supply full photo evidence....

Then Then send the letter Special Delivery.. not recorded delivery, cost about the same.

Then wait for a response..... They should write back to you within days and hopefully somebody who clearly understands English will be able to help.

When i take out insurance 1 of my questions is are ALL of your offices based in the UK. I really cant stand talking to people in foriegn country's who get paid peanuts and dont understand the UK road laws etc.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
When i take out insurance 1 of my questions is are ALL of your offices based in the UK. I really cant stand talking to people in foriegn country's who get paid peanuts and dont understand the UK road laws etc.

Do you phone up to claim often?