ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had an incident & need some advice..

Civic Type R-GT (2007)

Morning!

Im in need of some advice...

I curbed my wheel on thursday night coming off of a roundabout. I pulled over afterwards to check the damage. My alloy was rather curbed and the side wall of the tyre was screwed but was ok to get home on. I started the engine up again and the airbag warning light was on.

So i dropped it off at renault friday morning and they called me in the afternoon with a quote for £1700!!!!

Apparently I need new airbag pods, ecu, seat belt pre tensioner thing all sorts! Have I got a leg to stand on here or am I just gonna have to bend over and take it?!!

Surely curbing ur wheel shouldnt do this??!!

Geoff.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Hi Geoff,

If you really smacked the kerb it can appear to the car as if you have had an accident.... in which case it will deploy and take measures accordingly...

Sadly thats the price you pay for Four NCAP stars!

172, Tiguan

Thats what I thought! I think you have to work out if it will cost you less in the long run to claim on your insurance? Perhaps give them a ring and ask?

Think they might be greasing up ready for you, as has been said above speak to a few people in the know on here, they might be able to help.

320d M Sport

9/10 tims the airbag light is a loose wire anyway, it could just be that and the reno monkeys are takin the piss?

or

it is indeed fecked and its gonna cost a mint, in which case id go thru insurance.