ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had clutch replaced, under hard acceleration - noisy rumbly and slight rock/knocking?

Monaco Blue 172
It seems to come from the right hand side of the engine bay and only under hard acceleration.. So assumed it was the engine mounts.

The cars done 191k, i've had the clutch replaced and presumably the engine mounts, when reinstalled after dropping the subframe to get the gbox / engine apart have gone back on and the mounts have had it.

Can you please advise what mounts to get, all engine mounts and gearbox mounts?

Is there anything else i should get checked at the same time?

Monaco Blue 172
Re: Had clutch replaced, under hard acceleration - noisy rumbly and slight rock/knock

It seems to come from the right hand side of the engine bay and only under hard acceleration.. So assumed it was the engine mounts.

The cars done 191k, i've had the clutch replaced and presumably the engine mounts, when reinstalled after dropping the subframe to get the gbox / engine apart have gone back on and the mounts have had it.

Can you please advise what mounts to get, all engine mounts and gearbox mounts?

Is there anything else i should get checked at the same time?

Anyone?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Re: Had clutch replaced, under hard acceleration - noisy rumbly and slight rock/knock

Powerflex dogbone all other 3 mounts std unless you want all you teeth falling out from the vibrations.

Monaco Blue 172

Powerflex dogbone all other 3 mounts std unless you want all you teeth falling out from the vibrations.

Can you url up the parts for me please, i dont have a clue as to what im getting..

Cooksport Fleet

191k!? Nice going!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Why are you presuming the engine mounts were changed in the OP? they would only be done if worn, and if you were told and charged separately.

Sounds like the upper gearbox mount is at fault to me, either very tired and bolted back together in a different place, or just loose