ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had enough...

Lupo Gti

this is getting stupid now, ive had my clio 1.4 Rt for about a year now, its done 58,000 miles and its an M reg, this year alone ive had to have a new clutch, new radiator, new water pump, all new pipes for my water system, 2 new clutch cables, it wears brake pads REALLY unevenly, rattles everywhere I go ,its gettin rusty, then today go to have the MOT done, it passes (thank god) only just apparently cos my head gasket is on the way out and the emissions test only just passed cos of all the sh!t cumin out the exhaust, now I have really had enuf and just want rid of my car, its getting stupid, my brothers G reg mini didnt have this many problems, I just want a half decent reliable car.I was contemplating getting a clio 16v in the future, but after all this im never going near anything with a renault badge ever again, the amount of times its broken down on me and ive had to stop whilst my mates fly past in thier battered 1.0 fiestas, giving them a killing, and they never have any trouble. god dammit

clio sport mk1 golf

try talking to your car and understand how it must be feeling. its an oldish car now and im sure it has had to have things replaced coz there old.

im afraid its getting to the age where everything starts to go wrong ive had the same thing with my valver i thought buy a low mileage 1 as your always told to!its on 65k now and since i brought everythings gone wrong starting with the gearbox!

if i could go back id buy 1 with bout 90-100k that has had everything go and replaced already!

my rt is exactly the same, ive had it three years and had nothing but problems. last year i spent £1600 on repairs, and the car is only worth half that! As much as I love my clio, I definitely will not get another renault.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Some ones sold you a dog of a car. Look after it and it will look after u. I have a 1.2 and a 1.4 both for 2 years with very few problems.

Had my valver for over 2 years, no major probs at all, runs like a dream bought it on 56k and is now on 72k....still running on the same front brake pads with half wear still left and only changed the disks a couple of days ago for the first time (since I bought it that is):D

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Had my RT a year, and its been brilliant, no problems at all.. as for the valver.. im off to pick it up now. So watch this space.

Willy2

i spent 2.5k in total in the first year and this car had a headgasket changed at 96k and its now on 120K, sorry anyway you look at it, its gonna cost you money CARS DO! If you dont want problems get a nissan micra they are chaep and cheerfull and reliable and PANTS! There are some exeptions you just have to be lucky or take the AA to examine the car!

My brand new clio aint much better! Ive had a whole list of things going wrong and now ive just realised the oil has gone down by half just going to Southampton and back, and it doesnt feel quite as pokey, probably another trip to Renault to have something else replaced!!!!!

Willy2

no i used to be methodical when checking things under the bonnet, i went for an mot in march and the car passed with flying colours not a single thing wrong at all, you dont buy a valver to cruise around in, you buy one to race or thrash, the engines are solid but you have to look after them, if you wanna cruise around at 40mph buy a bmw! I have spent so much on my car due to the previous owners neglect, not my thrashing!

Lupo Gti

hey ilook after my car very well, oil chance evry 5000 miles, and Evryday I check all levels and check for no leaks, check tyre pressures every week , and give it loads of TLC, occasionally i open it up ( as much as u can for a 1.4) but not very often cos i know how fragile it is. but all this and it still falls apart, im gunna get a nice solid golf gti for me next car instead of a valver....!

Im sorry to break it too you, but most cars go wrong now and again.... my last Golf gti had new gear box, alternator, breaks all round an exhaust in just under two year and 17k of driving ! The car was a 2 owner example in very good condition !!!!! It a mine field out there....

I am REALLY careful with my car I never rev it above 4000 RPM and its never been above 90. When cars get older you expect them to go wrong but I dont expect problems with a new car. Im gonna get a new beetle next ive decided, solid, reliable and funky!

i dont think renaults are any less reliable than any other car, i had a h plate gtturbo before my 172 and it never let me down. it was low milage FSH and had been looked after really well by the previous owners. i had it 2 1/2 years and apart from servicing i only replaced th perc fan an electric window motor and brake bias valve (about £250 in parts) so despite everyone telling me that gtturbos are unreliable/fragile or just plain sh*t i was happy with mine. i guess as with anything you get good ones and bad ones