ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had rocker resealed, still loosing oil :(

BG 182
I recently got my belts and dephaser done and got the rocker resealed, no more oil pissing out the top!

But I'm still loosing oil ffs :(

I've had a look under the car and there and there's trace on the sump, but i reckon that's aftetmath from the top leak.

Any ideas on what it could be? Would a compression test be a good idea?

Feeling rather hard done by as I was full of hope when I got the rocker resealed!

Cheers

Last edited:
  BG 182
I do a fair amount of miles a week tbh and it gets a thrash atleast once a week...

Never anything coming out the exhaust though, I've had a mate rev the b****cks of it whilst looking and no smoke. Also got him to drive behind whilst i booted it and no smoke...

Last edited:
  Volvo S60 T5
I would go with what freds said, its less than 1ltr of oil used so you wont notice it burning off from the exhaust.
when your over pompey next give me a call and I will check its not leaking for you on the ramp. A cylinder leakage test would show up if rings have had it or worn.

BG 182
Cheers mike, I'll take you up on that next time Im over! How much am I looking at if it's internal problems :s

Volvo S60 T5
No idea without pricing it up. Probably better to see if the leakage test is ok.
May not even need it depending on mileage , I know the car drives fine (8

BG 182
I had a closer look and the oil doesn't look so old underneath, but without proper testing and conformation it could be anything above. I've cleaned off the fresh oil and got the sump looking like new, removedbthe skank foam from the undertray and cleaned it and 'borrowed' a sorbet sheet from work to take it's place. I will just have to monitor the oil until I'm off the island next.

Never wanted to try power washing, sounds risky! :)

BG 182
A clios electronics dont need water to cause problems, they will break just fine without ;)

Bit of an update on the oil situ (trying to be proactive until I can get car checked over)

I checked underneath today and low and behold the sump is sodden with oil again and a few droplets on my spotless undertray!

The engine block just above above is still dry in the wake of my scrubbing the other day, but the ally sump is soaked. Gasket/crack? I imagine the former as the sump has no battle scars from kurbs ect!

Thanks