ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had the 172 remapped at rs tuning

ibiza cupra
well it had the map today and things didnt quite go to plan lol but the chaps at rs tuning worked really hard to get things sorted.
the gains wern`t masssive but there is definatly a noticable improvement and concidering the things that went against us, i think paul did very well.

first off all the ignition advance was out (or somthing like that), the timing is slightly out, the plugs were fooked, and the knock sensor was fooked amongst other things and the so called "97 ron fuel" from sainsurys i had put in turns out to be crap, so i wont be using that any more.
when it first went on the roillers it made 163bhp atf but when we were done, it was making 170 atf so all things concidered, i think he did a really good job.
heres some pics anyway

Photo1139.gif

Photo1140.gif

heres one of the first runs it did when paul was fault finding lol.
Photo1141.gif

and heres the end results.
Photo1142.gif

Photo1143.gif

just want to say a big thanks to the guys at rs tuning for all there hard work, cheers fellas and i hope to see you at santa pod soon ;).

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Thats what you get for having black paint all over your camera lens

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
7 BHP is still a decent gain for an N/A engine

Whats it feel like to drive? Any improvements? Also what are your mods?

200 FF Storm Grey
I'd be made up with that gain myself mate plus you know all those niggly things are now sorted.

Do they determine all these problems as part of every map? Or do you pay extra for a live map?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nowt wrong with Sainsbury's fuel. It's the same as BP's. All comes from Grangemouth...

Wouldn't get too caught up on the figures, on another roller than would be higher.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
fuel can matter, depends if it was a shite batch or not.

Moon and Back mileage being what 70k - LOL.

:lolup:

ibiza cupra
the timing is still out but only by a knats knacker so it was still mapable, the mods are de cat, straight through system and a panel filter.
and yeah, its also on 119,000 miles lol (that was another thing that went against us).
as i said im more than happy with the results and paul did say that if they start selling 99 near me then he could squeeze a few more ponies out of it if i get the map tweeked so i could still get more if bp or shell decide to open a station that is closer than 10 miles from me lol (crosses fingers).

there is definatly a noticable difference when getting your toe down. i didnt get chance to open it up on the way home as there was traffic all the way but i opened it up a little on the way to work this morning and it is alot sharper to say the least.

Last edited:
  ibiza cupra
Id be well chuffed with those sort of gains.

Makes me really want to take mine down to Pauls!

well worth it in my opinion mate, they worked really hard to get that figure so i know that unless i start using proper fuel, its at the best it can be.
i was torn between this and getting a lap top and an rs tuner, glad i went with this now.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is it true that you lose the kick that comes at 5000 rpm?

I though you don't loose it as such, just as the performance is better below 5k, you don't notice in much as it's not such a jump

None
I had mine done again by Paul at RS Tuning last saturday after changing to V power, the gains were 2bhp and 3-4 lbs/ft of torque from the fuel alone, this was changing from total excellium to V power,

Total gains from the map were 8bhp and 8 lbs/ft of torque but the difference in the feel of the car is the big thing, just feels tighter all round and pulls from lower revs, oh and you still get a kick at 5k too plus Paul increased my redline so it hits at 7.5k now instead of 7.2k which it was doing when i took it in.

clio sport 182
What did you pay for ur diagnostic plus power run then mate?! I'm really interested in having this done!

200 FF Storm Grey
Looking at their site would this fall under the custom dyno tuning (the £395 option)? So diagnostics, live mapping and RR in one go?

None
depends what you want really, the first time i went was to find a fault so that was the diagnostic with the laptop and at the same time Paul put it on the rollers to find it's power output and then the second and third trip were for mapping, my remap was about £350 including vat so i'm not sure what the other option is for, Give Paul a ring tomorrow and he'll tell you exactly what you would need.

None
what were you driving?........i remember seeing a black 182 on the M1 and there was a black Megane on the A43 coming out of silverstone with an RS Tuning sticker in the passenger side window?

clio sport 182
thanks man! got my car booked in for matched inlets and remap at ktec in nov so prob gonna go up to these guys after ive had that done! did you just pay the £85 pound option or did you have a custom map too? :)

53 Clio's & counting
thanks man! got my car booked in for matched inlets and remap at ktec in nov so prob gonna go up to these guys after ive had that done! did you just pay the £85 pound option or did you have a custom map too? :)

So your going to drive to ktec, have that work done then drive to Pauls to have it mapped again?

Or am i reading that wrong lol

None
no i was in a black meg with black wheels, green cgae, a car very similar too yours went past with alot on board

Oh right i see, no it wasn't me then, only two of us in my car :).......but i'm still puzzled as to why they decided to close the A43 down to one lane on one of the busiest days of the year :S....took 35 minutes to do the 10 minute treck back to the M1!

None

The £85 is just for diagnostics, you wouldn't need this unless there was something you felt was wrong with your car to begin with :).........i did it because my engine management light came on.