ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had to leave my car unlocked last night!

Clown Car
Have you got a 172 cup with the standard alarm?, if so you can still lock the car without arming the alarm, sit in the passenger seat with all doors closed, press the lock button on dash, get out of the passenger door, then lock the door using the key.

I do not think that method is in the handbook, i know someone who's alarm on their 182 was going off intermittently and they did not know how to lock car manually so they ended up sleeping in the car on the driveway - lol.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
i would say motion sensors. cos i had the same, alarm went oof all night then in the morning found a moth fluttering about. wernt 'appy

Rich Cup said:
i would say motion sensors. cos i had the same, alarm went oof all night then in the morning found a moth fluttering about. wernt 'appy

Well there's a theory that a moth flapping its wings in Japan can cause a gale in the UK. Maybe a moth in a car would be able to change the volume of air inside a locked car. But then again that's bullshit:approve:.

Which do you reckon is better motion or volumetric? Motion would pick things up faster, but doesn't have the range of a volumetric sensor. If a volumetric sensor is slightly out of alignment it won't do much harm, but a motion sensor out of place my miss something. Hmmm questions, questions.

Monaco Blue 172
Mark5290 said:
I do not think that method is in the handbook, i know someone who's alarm on their 182 was going off intermittently and they did not know how to lock car manually so they ended up sleeping in the car on the driveway - lol.
:approve: sounds mad, but when u hear about them being nicked off ppl's driveways lock stock then u just cant take the chance can u!

Mercedes SLK350
Mark5290 said:
Have you got a 172 cup with the standard alarm?, if so you can still lock the car without arming the alarm, sit in the passenger seat with all doors closed, press the lock button on dash, get out of the passenger door, then lock the door using the key.

You f**king gobshite, you said you would not tell anyone.

The alarm was going off constantly, not intermittently, get it right bro. :rasp:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
you can turn the volumetric sensors inside off sit in the car put the key in and switch the igition on 5 times within 7 seconds get out lock it and watch the light should stay lit for 30 secs job done.

Or you could turn on ignition 2 times quickly and then arm car. Should here 4 beeps from the alarm. Sensors are now off.
In the manual for the alarm if you wish to read!

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Easiest way is to cover the windscreen sensors with blacked stickers. Had the same prob. took it to Renault who quoted £437 for a full alarm (said they couldn't fix isolated fault) Obviously didn't take up the offer. Later found is was my battery dying ie low power was setting it off. Good job I didn't listen to Renault.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
If you turn the ignition on and off three times, get out of the car and lock it normally, it will disable the interior sensors. It called a valet mode. I always do this when filling the car up as the alarm seems to go off if i dont.

Plus you can leave the windows open on hot days like this, when you are at home obviously.

Well Iain, I think the moth is seeking revenge :(

I've tried the manual method but it still wants to go off at 7am.
Neighbours are not too impressed, doesn't go off during the night - odd that :S

Will fiddle tomorrow.

Just lock the car with the key.

Easy to do
Open the passenger door (or drivers if you have one with a lock on it ie not cups and onwards cars) then press the centeral locking button (locks the boot and other door as such. Then close the door and lock that with the key and hey presto the cars all locked up.