ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords Own Fully Synth Oil

BMW M135i
Think its a case of it not actually being fully synth like for example the silkolene pro stuff is but it does the job.

Civic Type R EK9
Oh rite well it says on the container it is!!

Rated by porsche thats good enough for me!!

Just filled up oil with 5l and started car etc now showing 3/4 on dipstick is this ok?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yeah its ok. I've used it on may cars in the past and its fine! Good stuff :)

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
thats what i put in my 182 for 40k miles and never missed a beat. its good stuff really. better than the magnatex the dealor put in it.

S2000
Oh rite well it says on the container it is!!

Rated by porsche thats good enough for me!!

Just filled up oil with 5l and started car etc now showing 3/4 on dipstick is this ok?

I'm guessing you mean 3/4 of the way between the max and min marks? If so then yeah thats ok.

Civic Type R EK9
Yeh seems ok car idles and sounds smoother now!!
And yes its 3/4 between markers and i went for a drive and now i cant get a reading as its all up and down dipstick lol

Civic Type R EK9
I did notice some oil below oil filter maybe thats there from when i took off filter as it was so hard to get off!!

Dont think ive got a leak

ph1 172...a red one
Standard procedure for checking warm oil is to pull the dip stick out, wipe off, then replace. Pull out again and check reading should be true...

Civic Type R EK9
Yeh its black so hopefully there was a large puddle now i wiped off and went for a drive and there was 1 little drip