ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

halfords paint match??!!

1.2 16v
im picking up a bumper i had sprayed tomorrow, i gave the guy the paint code but he has no reference to the colour of the car so will it be a good match? hes good but usually sprays things on the car i think

^
It depends if the car has faded a bit or not tbh. Only way to find out is to put them two bits together.

?
Went to a local spray shop today, got a 400ml can for 14.99 - they came out and used swatches etc to match my car up. Only time will tell if the colour match is good though :D

Chocolate Bar™
this is the problem with halfords paint. personally if someone says id like it a certain blue you could get away with halfords paint. but if you really wanted it to match then you need to go to somewhere proper.

Chocolate Bar™
no need to go to renault. your local motor factors should be able to do more precise matching as they will need to work off paint swabs. for instance, ive just painted an engine cover in nautical blue and there is 9 different shades listed for that. so working off the 'blueprinted' standard colour will still give you problems.

1.2 16v
well is the paint code a code for the exact match as mine is mv632? would you recoomend auto-paint.co.uk/com as they require the paint code and it is only £6.99 for 400ml of paint which is v.good i feel,

are you saying there are different shades for a paint code? also, what is a motor factor? thanks

?
well is the paint code a code for the exact match as mine is mv632? would you recoomend auto-paint.co.uk/com as they require the paint code and it is only £6.99 for 400ml of paint which is v.good i feel,

are you saying there are different shades for a paint code? also, what is a motor factor? thanks

Rodders, you cant just go off the paint code, there slightly so different plus also your paint will have changed shade over time! Just go to a local bodywork supplies centre / spray shop. I did... :D

As stated before, they work off your paint code then swatches to get a accurate match

?
Well definately get the paint from them, you want it to match right?

Also, i cant advise if you should do the painting yourself... all comes down to how skilled or confident you are i suppose.