ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords Pressure Washer...

Mito Sportiva 135
Anyone seen this?

Clicky

Was thinking of buying a Karcher but this seems a lot better in price and spec than the equivalent in their range.

Does anyone know if the Karcher Foam Attachment will work with this also?

Could be a rather geeky Christmas present!

Titanium 182
i recently bought the karcher one from argos for £60

been totally impressed with it, had the same flow per hour rate as the big ones, its small came with a 5M hose too and a few accessories, adjustable end, power end, brush end and a filtering bit with a attachable detergent tank for shampoo etc

best £60 iv spent this year! the jet one is really powerfull for its size and gets all the crap off the car making it easy and quick to wash!

I bought one as it got great reviews in a classic car mag:eek: , and as my lil sis works in halford I got a 20% discount, the plastic on the lance was really brittle and I broke it, got a replacement unit, same thing again, gave up after that:(

SLK 350
Bought one of these today, pretty pleased with it. Just gave the car a quick blast and it's muchos powerful!

Quality of the unit itself seems fair, although perhaps not upto Karcher units (but for a Karcher of 370l/m you're looking at £150~). No problems at all, get an adjustable lance, a normal lance, and a brush.

Only thing it lacks is a cable winder or any sort of fixings to lay the cable in after use.

Recommended, it's a powerful pressure washer for £50, and unless you abuse it I can't see why they'd be any issues with quality.

Oh also has a detergent tank too for foaming your shampoo up etc.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool cheers Hoff...yeah don't really know how a plastic lance can break unless it has been treated badly, I will take good care of it.

For £50 its a bargain IMO, you are saving at least £50 of the RRP and should be just as good as the Karcher, or almost.

Did you try the detergent tank bit then, I was looking at getting a Karcher foam attachment but not sure if it will fit, don't suppose you know if its got the same attachment types do you?

Mito Sportiva 135
Will it fit onto this Halfords model though Riz? Thats what I am after though, lots of lovely foam...mmm!

ATM moment using a hose with Super Spray attachment and CG Maxi Suds and Snow Foam, which works pretty well on cleanish cars, but want more power for dirtier cars, wheels and arches especially.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Makro are doing a 4.5hp petrol one, 99 + vat.

The reason i'm ordering one is because the russian valeters by me uses one and he cleans 30 cars a day, so it must be pretty heavy duty!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Personally i'd go for the one they get in Aldi every couple of months . Its a rebadged Karcher with a 3 year warranty .

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
best is to ring Autobrite or Clean and shiny, autorae do a lance aswell, im not too sure on the halfords attachments, i think halfords are the same as Lavor attachments but ring ppl above, when u get a foam lance it will kick ass over anything else

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
a foam lance basically produces a nice sheet of foam over the car like a blanket that lifts of dirt and then u powerwash it off.
Very cool to use if used sensibly it shouldnt take too much wax off your car. Try Autobrite or Cleanandshiny for the lance, it wont make things quicker but will make cleaning the car easier as big blobs of crud will go away and it helps clean wheels.