ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

halfords

soon to be 182 ;)
abuse of JD coming my way, but giving my car a wash and polish later (srp) and need a wax or sealant that i can get from halfrauds is egp good enough until i get some dodo?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah I used SRP and EGP for a long time on my first Clio and always produced good results. Make sure you're applying a very thin layer of EGP otherwise it's a b**ch to remove... also leave a good hour at least between applying and removing.

I still have a bottle of this in the cupboard and I used the SRP/EGP for quite a while when I first started out. But then again, we have all used the "one sponge, one bucket, one leather" method ;)

soon to be 182 ;)
I still have a bottle of this in the cupboard and I used the SRP/EGP for quite a while when I first started out. But then again, we have all used the "one sponge, one bucket, one leather" method ;)

will this be ok to use for now just to give some protection?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yep that's the one Todd.

JD's just being precious. One bucket / one leather will damage paintwork whereas EGP won't. It provides okay protection and is a good starting point but there are better, easier, longer lasting products available online which aren't a great deal more expensive. But, if you want it very soon, EGP is decent.

soon to be 182 ;)
Yep that's the one Todd.

JD's just being precious. One bucket / one leather will damage paintwork whereas EGP won't. It provides okay protection and is a good starting point but there are better, easier, longer lasting products available online which aren't a great deal more expensive. But, if you want it very soon, EGP is decent.

yea im only getting it so i can give my car a going over before i put in my order to 14d for some better products :)

will this be ok to use for now just to give some protection?

Yes.

Yep that's the one Todd.

I'm not joking, the Clio had the above treatment for six months before I caught the detailing bug. Oh the early days of 2004...

yea im only getting it so i can give my car a going over before i put in my order to 14d for some better products :)

Good idea.

It's too cold for this today todd :L

Amen brother!

soon to be 182 ;)
I'm not joking, the Clio had the above treatment for six months before I caught the detailing bug. Oh the early days of 2004...

this is how i will be once i get all the products to do it properly, i am a perfectionist so my car is going to be looking mint.

btw anyone know any ways of removing small dents, is there a way i can go it myself or should i pay to get it dont?

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
this is how i will be once i get all the products to do it properly, i am a perfectionist so my car is going to be looking mint.

If this is the case, then why not save your money so you can buy the ideal products that you actually want/need instead of wasting money on products 'just to put you on'?

EDIT: Comes across as though I'm having a dig at you but I'm not. Just asking :)

Yes, he could. But then we'd have to put up with 37 more threads/PMs to me until he buys the products. This way, he gets on with it, gets it protected and then waits for the better weather to buy the rest.

Only joshing with you Todd ;)

Or am I..................

ph2 172
1 layer of
AG UDS + EGP + HD WAX =
P1010060.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Many a time I've just popped to Halfords to pick up an inferior product, just so I can potter around the car on that day instead of waiting a few days to get a better product to use.

It's all part of getting bitten by the bug.

To be fair, Halfords stock a lot of products that are "good as a substitute".

For example we all know and love G101. But if I run out, I pop up for some Engine and Machine cleaner. They stock Autosol and wet and dry grades, AG intensive tar remover is average, but only in comparison to Tardis - so it will do if required! Etc etc etc.