ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo 4 - Child Freindly?

As a none gamer, i'm just after a quick bit of advice from people who have played this game.

My son has asked for it for Christmas but he is younger than the 16 age rating. Reading the questions on Amazon, several people stated that there was no blood and no swearing and that in their opinion could have easily been classed as a 12.

In your opinion, would this game be suitable for someone under 16?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing he meant Halo 5, but he might be a nostalgic kiddy.

Of all the FPS games out, Halo is probably the "friendliest" in terms of gore, etc.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I would say out of the FPS shooters - COD/BF4 etc its pretty tame. There is no blood but there is alien splatter but more comic than anything else. I would say its ok for a 12 year old - no human on human violence.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I played GTA from about 8, and i'm fine I think. Much worse on internet, Facebook, school playgrounds, etc.

Cheers for the opinions guys.
I did mean Halo 4 not 5 as he has an Xbox 360 and you cant get Halo 5 on it, he will have to wait a while for 5 until he deserves an Xbox One.

I'm quite strict on what he can and can't play as there are enough games out there without him need to play the likes of GTA at a young age.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the opinions guys.
I did mean Halo 4 not 5 as he has an Xbox 360 and you cant get Halo 5 on it, he will have to wait a while for 5 until he deserves an Xbox One.

I'm quite strict on what he can and can't play as there are enough games out there without him need to play the likes of GTA at a young age.
Ah, fair play. Yeah, I wouldn't be happy with my child playing GTA and the likes at a young age either. But Halo is pretty harmless, as said - although there is shooting, and he will be killing things! But no blood / gore, and no humans as far as I know.

RB Clio 182
Speaking from experience here almost 30 years a go as a young lad of about 5yo watching the likes Freddy Kruger and Hellraiser etc, things like this do mess with your head and you are right to be concerned about it.

Listerine & Poledo
Does your child have access to:-

Other children
The news
Youtube

If yes to any of the above, your well-meaning efforts are as effective as sweeping water uphill.

However I do appreciate what you're trying to do, so yeah, Halo. Just that the second they go on-line they'll find out that every single american tween has, apparently, "had their mum" and that, because their K/D ratio isn't in the top 100 of the world, they're "a faggot skrub".

No matter how good you may be at bringing up decent children with morals, you cant hide from all the assholes in the world :(

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yep, unsure why it's a 16 to be fair, maybe because the use of guns.

Saying that, all the guns are futuristic so don't look like a standard AK47/Handgun.

Thanks again guys, appreciate the feedback.

I appreciate the world can be a horrible place and I can't and wouldn't want to protect him from everything and wrap him up in cotton wool, but whilst I still have some control over what he is influenced by then I will exercise that within reason.
He wont be watching films or playing games that are 18 rated for a while yet, I just personally don't see the need or what there is to gain.

Clio
He wont be watching films or playing games that are 18 rated for a while yet
Unfortunately this won't be true. As soon as his friends are he will be. They will get them from mates older brothers, the internet and do it without you knowing.
Best to be open and honest and introduce him gradually with reasons rather than "No, its an 18. End of story".

Unfortunately this won't be true. As soon as his friends are he will be. They will get them from mates older brothers, the internet and do it without you knowing.
Best to be open and honest and introduce him gradually with reasons rather than "No, its an 18. End of story".

I completely agree, it's exactly what I did, hence why I said "whilst I still have some control".

IIRC go on setting on the xbox and go on perental control and you can littraly ban that xbox from playing certen agre rated games and also set a timer so he can only play for say 3 hours a day and then it will require a password withch you (parent) has set.

It's a nightmare, he has Xbox live for playing with his friends, which was set up as a childs profile to limit what he could do, but you cant play Minecraft on Xbox Live with the child settings on so I had to change it to adult settings just for Minecraft, it seems crazy.