ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

halved insurance

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Just sold the 200sx and got a mk1 1.8 16v.

Fully comp, protected no claims, unlimited milage, salvage retention rights, £250 excess and windscreen replacement (plus a few other nice things), I was paying around £550 a year on a group 18 car at 2 years old with HIC (I had to haggle with them and left it 2 weeks at renewal time, as they wanted double that!).

I have now got the clio and it is down to under £250 (so less than half!) with all the above benefits. There is only a month left, so will be shopping around, but sure I can get it for less than that now :D

So will be laughing with insurance this year and the savings on fuel since I sold the 2litre turbo.

Now if only I can get this car to sound and go a little better I will be happy :) Full service coming up i think (By me, I don't trust regular garages) :)

Matthew
p.s. Dad is on the policy as well which reduced it a little originally. I will also be moving to very low crime area nxt month (with luck) so insurance should go down even more when I renew :)

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
HIC and 29 years old with about 8 years (maybe more) no claims :)

Not sure what they are like with mod's though as yet. Luckily the car is near standard with only clear indicators and a shiny gear knob (think i will spray it black lol)

Matthew

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
Did try and reply got the server stuffed it up :rolleyes:

so briefly:
1) Yeah I will miss it like mad. I really like my car and wouldn't have got rid of it if I didn't need money for wedding/debt/house etc.
2) Are you on SX OC?
3) It's gutting to know that the clio will never be able to come close :(

Matthew