ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

handbrake cable - urgent !

rite clio experts i need your help, my clio will fail its first MOT if i cant sort this , i need to find out how to adjust the hand brake cable as there is to much slack in it and i have to pull the handbrake up pretty much all the way to get it to hold the car ! as i understand it the handle should only have to be pulled up half way and it should be able to hold the car ????

could really do with some help on this one lads ?>

Please get back to me A.S.A.P or post it on the site many thanks

Justin

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Clio 2 phase 1 had an adjuster at the side of the handbrake lever. Unclip the lever trim to see it.

Clio 2 phase 2 have the adjuster underneath the car. You need to remove an exhaust heatsheild.

Phase one clio is underneath the exhaust scilencer heatshield. This is removed with two nuts, the adjust with two 10mm or 12mm spanners. Its a little tight for space but can be done.