ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake Cable

I need to oreplace my handbrake cable as the passenger side has snapped at the brake calliper end. Any advice for this atall? Does anyone have a step by step guide by any chance aswell,this would help me greatly! help appreciated

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
if its the same as the valver then i'm in the process of fitting my o/s handbrake cable :)

basically you need to unhook the cable from the lever at the back of the caliper, then knock the sleeve out that goes through the bracket in the caliper, iirc it needs to come out from back to front of the car if you understand that? (mine would not move but as i was replacing the caliper anyway due to a snapped bleed nipple i cut the cable off lol) then find where it comes out of the trailing arm and pull it through

then unbolt the exhaust heat shield and unhook the other end of the cable, it then goes through a grommet in a piece of box section, i havent sussed how to get mine out of there as yet as it seems stuck fast lol

buy yourself a haynes manual mate, can save alot of hassle :)

once i've done mine i will be able to help a bit more